Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

FS: TD04 Pre-Turbo Intake Pipes 2.5"

4K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  TurboSinceBirth 
#1 ·
I thought I already had a listing here but it appears not. I sold a number of these between FB and eBay the past week so I thought I would make these available here as well for the foreseeable future. Pricing is $175 shipped.

This is a brand new set of custom aluminum built TD04 draw-thru maf pre-turbo pipes. This replaces the stock rubber intake pipes with a set of 2.5" pre-turbo hard intake pipes. These will make your turbo spool much louder under operation as well as provide much better flow compared to the ribbed stock rubber intake pipes.

These were specifically designed to fit the Arashi/Kinugawa 2.5" 20T-HL anti-surge turbos since they have a 2.5" OD inlet, but they will fit all size TD04 turbos with the proper reducer couplers. Because of so many different turbo size variations, couplers and clamps are not included.

Other brands such as 3SX and DNP neck down to a horrible 1-3/4" inlet size that the factory 9bs are and will hinder upgraded turbo performance due to the small pipe size. CXRacing is 2.25" pipe as well as Dejon Tool. You can see the differences between the intake pipe brands in the included pictures. 3SX and CXRacing are the only vendors currently developing pre-turbo intake pipes; however, they are both made in China and the fitment is extremely poor for the front turbo pipe due to wrong angles and lengths. You will see many complaints of their products.

I have other intake pipes options including draw-thru and speed density options for TD05 and T3 turbos as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

See less See more
#8 ·
Correct, they’re all the way on the right. Here’s the link but it costs more through there due to the fees: 3000GT VR-4 Stealth R/T Turbo TD04 Draw-Thru MAF Pre-Turbo Intake Pipes | eBay.

Nobody keeps those hoses off the front and rear turbo pipes. The front one connects to the evap canister and the rear to the huge tree of vacuum lines. Both are deleted with a vacuum reduction which 98% of people usually do. See the instructions here: Engine: Vacuum Hose Reduction - 3000GT/Stealth Wiki. It makes these cars much more reliable simplifying the amount of lines that can leak and fail.

#23 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.