Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slightly used in only 8 autocrosses, approximately 20k additional miles.

Best offer takes it.

Thanks to John Monnin for taking the pics.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
cough fix camber cough :D

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something wrong with my camber? Really? It was just aligned about 5 months ago...

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seriously... do you see something wrong with the camber?

I'm gonna have to take it back and kick some butts if so.

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
lets see, tread worn off on the outside still there on the middle.

I'd say either an alignment issue or running too much with the tires underinflated.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
hm, I couldn't tell from the photo until i looked closer, but I think alan is right ... it looks like it wore everywhere but the center .. at first glance it looked like it only wore on the outside.

run less tire pressure :) What have you been running, 60 psi? :D

FYI, after each run during an autocross, I often have to bleed air out of my tires to keep the desired pressure. I show up with 37 psi and they heat up to over 40. I try to keep them at right around 40 psi.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, yeah... to better explain...

The tires are OLD anyway... like I think 3 years on the car. They were about a half millimeter from the warning strips. But they were evenly worn.

This happened at the autocross, the way the track was set up was basically a big oval track, so I was turning left all the time. TONS of abuse on that right front.

Add to that, there was 2 guys driving my car and between us, we had 3 runs (3 laps each run!) within about 20 minutes... and I don't blame the tire for tearing up.

I run 42lbs in the front and do bleed them off (usually) when they get hot... although this time we were having logistical problems switching drivers, etc. so that got neglected.

I seriously am considering at least taking it into Goodyear, I'll be honest that I was autocrossing but even so, I didn't think a tire should shred like that, should it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts