Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available for sale is a set of Fuel Injector Clinic 750cc injectors. These are low-impedance (low-z) for use with factory connectors and resistor pack. These were purchased brand new and installed last year with approximately 3-3.5k miles of usage. They have only seen Pump-E85 throughout and have always had Lucas ethanol conditioner added with each tank. Reason for sale: friend/client upgraded for his new build and setup.

Asking price is $375 shipped via USPS Priority Mail to U.S. with PayPal fees included; international is available for more. List price from FIC is $450.

Additional details: Upper insulators are a bit "smushed" but seat against the rails just fine; o-rings are fine. Lower insulators look so-so but seal fine and never leaked with proper pressure-tests. There was slight buildup of gunk, but I gave one pass of cleaning. Initial tuning was with a MAF-T only followed by AEM EMS Series 2. IPW/IDC never reached the red zone and were kept safe for daily duty.

750cc FIC Mitsubishi 3000GT Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set (Low-Z) <<

Thanks for looking!
-Alan

Pictures:

·
Ive Got a VR4 :-) :-)
1,648 Posts
Might be interested. Going on a stock setup, any benefits to running these? Will most likely just be pump gas (non-e85)

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be interested. Going on a stock setup, any benefits to running these? Will most likely just be pump gas (non-e85)
Ah, the only way that would work reasonably well without a flashable ecu, standalone, or piggyback on ethanol is probably a gutted/enhanced MAFS and whatever piggyback of your choice. That would bring the correction down for reasonable tuning and not overly aggressive ignition timing numbers. Other options would be playing with base fuel pressure and/or direct injector control, but that is getting more complicated.

RE benefits: much more room to grow and probably overall improvement if your stock injectors are original and have never been serviced.

If you are completely stock, then these will not do much for you though. Hopefully this helps!

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

Reactions: Stealthy_C

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumpski!

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol only if you are ready to step up and make a change... 🤔

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumpski!

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Merry Christmas Bumpski!

·
Registered
26 Posts
What else would you suggest for supporting mods with these ? Im running a 92 vr4 with new fuel pump , chrome ecu , full exhaust with gutted precats and kinsuwquwa wastegates with 12ft lbs springs .

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What else would you suggest for supporting mods with these ? Im running a 92 vr4 with new fuel pump , chrome ecu , full exhaust with gutted precats and kinsuwquwa wastegates with 12ft lbs springs .
That is enough to get your feet wet before deciding on more. You just need enough FP to take advantage and be mindful of the FPR. I listed an AEM 340lph separately but am knocking off $40 for purchasing altogether. Obviously, a healthy, well-maintained car with all leaks addressed helps.

These injectors on a light BPU setup, Pump-E85, and maybe 10-15 minutes of tuning:

http://instagr.am/p/B2Bfokhn39F/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tuning is the big issue here in MN . Nobody messes with chrome and im not looking to spend 1800 on aem at this point of the build .

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,445 Posts
Eric @familyMAN does remote chrome tuning.
From all of his accolades I'd say he's pretty damned good.
I would shoot him a PM...

Bob.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tuning is the big issue here in MN . Nobody messes with chrome and im not looking to spend 1800 on aem at this point of the build .
You 100% do not need a standalone at that level. The clip that I posted above was with JUST a MAF Translator (I then used the same setup on another VR-4 with upgraded turbos)

The "Chrome" rom is not that complicated if you understand how to use and interpret ECUFlash and EvoScan much like other cars. The issue with most Evo, Subaru, or whatever shops is that they are just not familiar with these cars and the particulars + hurdles. I am well versed and can give some pointers, if needed and time permitting. Your first steps are scaling and smoothing anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You 100% do not need a standalone at that level. The clip that I posted above was with JUST a MAF Translator (I then used the same setup on another VR-4 with upgraded turbos)

The "Chrome" rom is not that complicated if you understand how to use and interpret ECUFlash and EvoScan much like other cars. The issue with most Evo, Subaru, or whatever shops is that they are just not familiar with these cars and the particulars + hurdles. I am well versed and can give some pointers, if needed and time permitting. Your first steps are scaling and smoothing anyway.

Yea I don't know anything about tuning .Im way more of and mechanical guy I just pulled the motor and rebuilt it from the heads up . Ive just started reading up on how to play with the jester and trying not to get lost and confused on how everything works . My plan is to slowly build a realiable fun weekend car or the summers .

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I don't know anything about tuning .Im way more of and mechanical guy I just pulled the motor and rebuilt it from the heads up . Ive just started reading up on how to play with the jester and trying not to get lost and confused on how everything works . My plan is to slowly build a realiable fun weekend car or the summers .
For sure 👍 Just start with the basics in reviewing full datalogs from various driving conditions. There are lots threads, resources, and videos available online between the two programs. Post questions in an ongoing thread (do not make multiple). Even if you work with a tuner, it is always good to have general knowledge and understanding.

As mentioned, aside from optimizing what you currently have, the first step is just accommodating an injector upgrade to run the same i.e. transparent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts