Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
how much does that powdercoating run? Just added your auction to my watch list too.

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I recall correctly I got a really awesome deal at this industrial powdercoating place. They normally don't take individuals orders, but they only charged me around $200 to get all four wheels done and that included the prep/bead blasting. They did an EXCELLENT job too. I had a valve cover done at the same time for a few bux more. Since then I've moved, and have taken other parts to different places and I've yet to find one that does as good a job. I recently paid $80 to have a valve cover done at a new place and it was nowhere near as nice as this place did for less than half that price. Heh, the new place even baked my PCV valve for me which ruined it nicely. How considerate. Sorry for rambling ;)

Any other questions feel free and ask. Oh ya I got these things coated originally because the clearcoat was dissolving on the original finish. Now they're flawless and if I still had a car to use em on I would ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
wheels fit a 1993 VR-4

Mike,
Will these wheels fit a 1993 VR-4?

Also, I see we share a passion for Galant VR-4's...yes, truly little beasts. Sleepers from hell. My plate reads "ZZZZZZZ". And that's all the poor victims next to me see (most of the time).

By the way, I had my Galant's valve cover powder coated too and the shop did the same thing to my PCV too!

Take care!

·
Registered
683 Posts
SHIT!

SHIT!!! I meant Matt, not Mike....SORRY!!!! :(

ohsofast said:
Mike,
Will these wheels fit a 1993 VR-4?

Also, I see we share a passion for Galant VR-4's...yes, truly little beasts. Sleepers from hell. My plate reads "ZZZZZZZ". And that's all the poor victims next to me see (most of the time).

By the way, I had my Galant's valve cover powder coated too and the shop did the same thing to my PCV too!

Take care!

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe no problem ;) If a 93 VR-4 has 4-piston calipers then these wheels will probably not fit. I used them on my SL but I doubt they have the clearance for the big brakes.

Yea, I love my VR-4. In what other car can you drag race, autocross, rally, and rallycross, then drive the car home and everyday to work? Here's a pic from last weekends rally just for fun ;)

and my poor engine bay after the event

·
Registered
683 Posts
Matt,
Yeah, I doubt those wheels will work for me, too bad, they look nice.

I loved your Rally pics! I've never done it, I want to, but never have. I noticed your intake was different-what kind? and are you still running MAF? Also, what kind of IC piping are you using? I'm impressed!

Take care!

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rally is a ton of fun. I'm still running TSD rallies though, haven't got the funds to run a Performance Rally yet. Some of the events like the one pictured from last weekend are a ton of fun anyway, a couple hundred miles through the woods on all dirt/sand roads in the afternoon/night with lots of opportunity to drift and muck about without wrecking your car ;) I like RallyCross too, I have some excellent videos I'll be putting online of some great RallyX events..

My intake is a wonderful 2.25" mandrel bent piece acquired the ghetto-fabulous way. $2 at a junkyard. That's right, many old school turbo Volvos used this piece as an I/C pipe ;)

The I/C piping is all custom, I bought from another GVR4 owner when he wanted to go larger. I'm running a Starion FMIC which hasn't really proven to be much better than stock SMIC.

I'm still running a stock 1G MAF system but I have a neat little BOV check valve that lets me vent to the atmosphere but prevents rough idle and that nasty super rich condition when you shift with a secondary 1-way valve and a small diameter return back to the intake. Another New England Club DSM trick. I want to upgrade to a 2G MAF at some point for better flow, and I have an S-AFC already so it should be an easy swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts