Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: ITEM IS SOLD!

Ok, I'm in the process of removing it now... I probably can't ship it for at least 2 weeks because I'm relying on the help of a friend to remove it properly.

Concept 60 isn't a bad unit, does the auto-locks, ignition AND fuel pump kill, also has an anti-carjacking feature that is really cool.

The bad: will need a new wire that goes from the battery to the unit (the kind with an inline fuse), also the wire from the unit to the siren. The siren was mounted too close to the engine and is "warped" from heat BUT it does work fine. The siren mount is bent but works. And it needs the 2 screws that screw the siren to the bracket.

Worse is that the button (it only has one button) isn't working BUT it's just the little button INSIDE that's broken. If you are good at small-piece soldering it can be fixed. Or you can spend around $50 on a new button. Your choice.

The GOOD:
When I remove it, I will do my best to leave a little of the ORIGINAL CAR'S wiring hooked up so that you can tell WHAT WIRE to hook the alarm's wires to. This means that you can install it yourself, most likely. That will save $100-150 in installation costs!

It's CHEAP. How's $30 plus shipping sound? Even if you buy a button it's still cheaper than aftermarket keyless entry units.

email me thru link below or respond here. Thanks!

·
447 Posts
i want it

email me

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smokin, I replied to your email as well but wanted to copy my reply here so all the details are here:

As I said the button's MAIN button isn't working. It's hard to explain but underneath there's a tiny little button thing that gets pushed when you push the big button. That tiny little button doesn't work BUT there's 3 others of the same tiny button thing inside the remote. The other buttons I've never used (since setup of the alarm). So if someone wanted to cheap out on the repair, they could take one of the working ones and move it to the non-working space. Would require some TINY soldering. Or I'm sure that kind of little button thing (the tiny one soldered to the board) is available to buy, maybe even at Radio shack or something? or someone could just buy a whole new button, I THINK they are around $50 but don't quote me on that.

As I said I'm working on taking it out now, I have the unit itself out but need to get the wiring harness out.

The alarm worked fine except the wire that goes from the battery to the unit got shorted out and kept blowing fuses. At first I thought it was the alarm but when I took that wire out I found out it wasn't. In the meantime I had purchased a NEW alarm so I decided to just sell the old one.

My best guess on when I'll get it out is within a week or two. I have to rely on my father-in-law to help me so that I don't cut the wrong wires... he works like 60 hours a week but promised either this weekend or next he'd help me out.

While I'm sure the alarm will work, of course I'll refund your money if it doesn't.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news, man.. the alarm didn't survive the removal from the car. :) Wires had to be cut in places that makes them almost impossible to re-connect... and I need to keep one part that I need for the new alarm...

So you probably don't want the alarm anymore....

Sorry 'bout that... I didn't expect it to be such a problem removing it.

When we last talked you said you were sending a check, but that was a while ago and no check yet so I'm thinking you haven't sent yet BUT if it's sent, I'll return it uncashed as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
ill offer you 10$ + shipping for the parts that did surivive, let me know.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good to me if you really want them but let's let Smokin have first dibs at $10...

Here's what's there:

the button controller as described above (broken but fixable)

the 2 harnesses with about 2" of wire sticking out of each one.

The horn (working but sort of deformed/melted)

The unit itself and the antenna

the noise sensor with RCA-type plug on the end but the wire needed to be cut in the middle so you'll have to splice that.

The piezo sensor

various pieces of wire, some may be useful, others probably aren't. I'll just throw them all in there. Also includes the harness thing that has the inline fuses but I think there's a short in it somewhere.

The original user's manual and a pritout of the wiring diagram from their website.

I can't help but wonder what you'd plan on doing with it? I mean I'll sell it to you but it would be difficult at this point to install and get it working, IMO. I'd personally rather spend $150 on a basic system. :)

I'll give Smokin a couple days to respond (also to my email) and if he doesn't want it, I'll email you with an address to send the money.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
not saying id be able to use it for anything, but i like tinkering around with stuff, and i have a clifford matrix 3.. some parts are interchangeable, in the event that somethign goes wrong with mine, can never beat having a few spare parts.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, not a problem. I just got an email from Smokin and he doesn't want it. So check your email, I'll send you the address, etc. to send the check.

Thanks!

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FWIW, the item is SOLD, Mike sent the check as promised. Great buyer and I"ll be posting good feedback in the Buyers/Sellers forum.

Mike, see you are pre-signed up for the NG. Hope to see ya there.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Jeremy is a great seller, all items were as described and product was received very quickly. A+

1 - 10 of 10 Posts