Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to put my Spyder back on the market. I just converted the exterior back to stock and everything else is stock except for a 3SX crank pulley, 3SX stainless downpipe, and K&N intake (stock airbox included with sale.) Interior was converted to charcoal (real Spyder interior pulled from a white 95 Spyder partout, will swap back to original ivory if buyer prefers but charcoal looks much better IMO.)

Currently has 136,5xx on the odometer. Original engine. Here is a quick summary of recent maintenance:

11/09 -- 124,481k
-- top serviced

12/09 -- 124,724k
-- power antenna replaced
-- transfer case recall performed
-- 120k service (timing belt, etc.)
-- spark plugs
-- plenum gasket

7/10 -- 128,118k
-- crank pulley (3SX)
-- pulley, p/s oil pump (OEM)
-- pulley, assy, a/c compres (OEM)
-- tensioner, alt (OEM)
-- belt, A/C
-- belt, P/S

11/10 -- 129,713k
-- ball joints, tie rods, boots
-- 4 wheel alignment

1/12 -- 135,010
k
-- new battery
-- changed clutch fluid

2/12 -- throttle cable

4/12 -- 136,243k
-- 4 wheel alignment

Lots of people on here have seen this car. It looks real nice, but does have plenty of small dings, scrapes, etc. Nothing horrible but the paint is certainly far from perfect. It was also in a minor accident a couple years ago when it was hit while parked and got a small dent between the rear driver's side wheel and the bumper. I had it professional repaired at a body shop and it looks as good as new.

I drive this car almost every day and it has always been extremely reliable for me. Its only broke down on me once and all it was was a broken throttle cable a couple months ago.

I plan on listing it here for a few days then putting it up on eBay if no bites. Any questions please ask! Car is in great shape and ready to go.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and before someone asks, the top works great!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I want your blue one

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want your blue one
:) The blue one stays where it is, but if anyone pays asking price I'll throw in the beige SL for free! You may have to tow it away though....

FYI, the Spyder is #540 on 1995 3000GT Spyder VR4 Registry (VR4 #301.) Of course not all of those VINs ever actually existed; the total number of all Spyders ever sold was only around 1035. These things are already rarer than most of the collectable muscle cars.

Edit: And in case anyone cares, the interior came out of Spyder #698. I almost cried when I saw that poor car.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
If you go back to the beige, LMK... probably be interested in the charcoal interior.

GLWS...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is wrong with the beige SL?

btw who sold/traded in their 95 spyder to Geoge Harte Nissan?

Im interested but this is a little bit above my price limit, I want a spyder but I might just have to buy that dudes vr4 with no motor from cl and find a motor online

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This will be a good deal for someone.

Good luck with the sale.

-John
Thank you, I tried to price it fairly. Hopefully someone here agrees with me as I'd certainly like to keep it in the community.

If you go back to the beige, LMK... probably be interested in the charcoal interior.

GLWS...
Will do, but doubt anyone will want to swap since the charcoal is in better condition. I have some other random Spyder parts as well that I'll probably offer on the yahoo group after the car is sold.

What is wrong with the beige SL?
I think the best answer I can give you regarding the 91 SL is to quote my 3 year old daugher: Its a piece of junk.

But seriously, I'm just sick of it. Bought it to use as a winter beater, engine was knocking and after much work ended up being a complete rebuild only to have the ATX crap out a month later. Swapped the tranny with one that supposedly came from another 91, but now there is no power to the wheels, so probably not really from a 91 (or even a 3000GT at all?) I don't know, I just don't want to do any more work on it. Could be as simple as changing over to 2nd gen axels (which I already have), could be a bad TCU, or could be that the car just hates me and wants to sit in my driveway forever slowly rusting away.

So yeah, the beige 91 SL is crap, although the interior isn't bad and it has a fully functional engine fresh off a rebuild (including all new seals, oil pump, water pump, all belts replaced, etc...) Money poorly spent on my part. But the Spyder really is as awesome as it looks, so someone please buy it!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks smashbar, too bad we didn't get the Spyders together more often when you still had yours. All I have is a couple crappy phone pics to remember it by...

:yum:

·
Super Hero
4,056 Posts
man oh man.. If I just took a deep breath and parted my car out I'd be able to buy this.. :(
As it is I have 1 ripped apart stealth that has to go, another 98SL in storage and my 93VR4 that I need to finish getting perfect.. :(

One day..... One day... :(

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I'll take $1000 off my asking price for anyone who will also take my 91 SL. Seriously, this is one damn good deal. Two 3Ss, one of which is a very clean, well maintained Spyder VR4, for less than $13k? You can't do much better than that.

The Spyder will go back on eBay in another week or two unless someone here grabs it.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 36 Posts