Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available for sale is a used AEM EMS Series 1 standalone management system. It is the older model without fail-safes, but it is still a PnP solution that will handle most builds. A quick rundown of its potential include true speed density and live tuning along with multiple channels/inputs for precise logging and tuning i.e. dual channel/bank WB O2, etc. You will require a USB-to-Serial adapter or an older laptop with an RS232 port. NO sensors are included - just the unit and DB9 cable.

Reason for sale: friend/client is upgrading to his Series 2 unit along with other goodies.

Details/Disclosure: While troubleshooting a battery drain, I noticed that on occasion, the MFI relays (1997 with two) would not completely shutoff. I did not proceed to have the EMS tested or dig further, but this does not affect its functionality at all. It was used for daily duties since November of last year. It is fully PnP (plug-and-play) for 1991-1997 model years; 1998-1999 will need custom wiring/harness if so desired. The unit itself connects fine with both AEM Pro and AEM Tuner software. The old, crappy tune was re-uploaded, so do NOT attempt to start your car without proper calibration and set up.

Asking price is $350 shipped within CONUS via USPS Priority Mail w/ PayPal fees included. International is available for additional. THIS IS SOLD AS-IS

Thanks for looking!
-Alan

Pictures:

Picture of ignition timing sync with AEM Pro software:

Video clip of tuning with AEM Tuner software (can also see dual channel wideband working at the bottom):
http://instagr.am/p/B5BxQR1AI2x/

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth RT TT - 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT ATX
35 Posts
How would this be compared to the Emanage ultimate if someone was trying to save a few bucks put still get some good usability??

Thanks

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would this be compared to the Emanage ultimate if someone was trying to save a few bucks put still get some good usability??

Thanks
As one of the few people that still installs and tunes GReddy e-Manage Blue/Ultimate, I can definitely chime in on this. Comparing EMU to AEM is apples to oranges, however, the EMU is still a very powerful and capable piggyback if/when used correctly and within its limits. Generally speaking, setting up and tuning the EMU will be faster since you already have the stock ECU doing most of the work. It really only becomes a longer process when going MAFless configuration and fine-tuning that. AEM will have a steeper learning curve with its multiple maps, options, and so forth. Both do live-tuning, but AEM offers true speed density with much more.

Pros with EMU: easy set up, MAFless capable, log MAP+WB, live tuning, "raise" [force] rev limit, internal/on-board logger, and minimum log rate to use VD for better tuning
Cons with EMU: old and unsupported, either like or dislike software, limited injector/ignition control, limited channel inputs, and piggyback system that still relies on stock ECU (need to log this)

Pros with Series 1: true speed density, multiple channel inputs, precision tuning with larger tables and full control with multiple maps/tables/options
Cons with Series 1: also old, software (AEM Pro) is pretty ancient, no sequential ignition (COP setup), and pretty much everything else that the Series 2 improves upon

There are probably a bunch of other threads comparing the two, but essentially, only you (the end user) know what your goals and requisite mods are...

Hopefully this helps!

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth RT TT - 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT ATX
35 Posts
That was exactly what I was looking for actually! Thank you! I knew they were both dated but I was just curious to see if they could still be used efficiently in the current time.

I just haven't seen near as many series 1 come up for sale as the ultimate. So I thought you would be good to answer that question.

Again thanks

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most welcome! FWIW, there are still 3-4 3/S running on EMU from me... 5-8 year old tunes and some MAFless. Not everyone has the patience or knowledge to deal with it heh.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold! :) off to NY she goes!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ouch I'm a little too late. Happen to know anyone else selling an AEM EMS? no luck on the classifieds.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch I'm a little too late. Happen to know anyone else selling an AEM EMS? no luck on the classifieds.
I actually do! I just sent him this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts