Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling this car for my father, who is currently retired and has no need for a car like this anymore since he doesn’t drive much. It currently has 81,732 miles and is located in Southern FL.

Some pertinent details:

1. He’s the second owner; purchased in 1999 and he’s owned it since.

2. He had one somewhat major accident back in 2001. The car wasn’t salvaged, and the title remains free and clear, but he did have some rear-end damage that was fixed (he was rear ended). No issues from the accident since. And no other accidents since.

3. The black/tan seats were reupholstered about 10 years agoare in great shape, but could be tightenedas the leather has stretched a bit over the past 10 years being in Florida.

4. Paint is in ok condition - but great for the year. It was repainted back when he had the accident. The car has been mostly covered and never saw a winter; so I think the paint is really good considering it’s nearly 20 years old.

5. Mods include DP-back exhaust (Borla, if I recall correctly) and he did have a manual boost controller on there for a year or so (he wanted more power, but didn’t like it and took it out). Also has a K&N filter. Other than aftermarket rims and sound system, I think the car is untouched.

6. He has done basic maintenance over the years at the mechanic who recently checked the car out (see #7 below). That includes things like oil changes and timing belt replace. He also got a new clutch put in forever ago (10 years or more; but only about ).

7. I had him take the car to a mechanic. There were a few things the mechanic noted that the car could use:
  • Replace front shocks
  • Replace 2 center link bearings
  • Replace front wheel bearings
  • Right headlight is out
  • Air bag light is on
Recently Replaced by that mechanic:
  • Battery
  • Clutch cylinder
  • All 4 tires
As far as price goes, he’ll take the best offer and doesn’t want much. I personally think he would take $10k to the right person. He wants it to go to whoever “will take care of her the way he has over the past 20 years.”

He said he would also cover shipping to wherever you are (he assumes it would run about $1k to send it via covered carrier).

Again, it’s just sitting covered and is driven a couple miles per week. I last drove the car about five years ago and always loved it!!

Let me know if you have any questions. Or send a PM if you want additional pictures, etc.

View attachment 285952 View attachment 285953
View attachment 285954
View attachment 285955 View attachment 285956 View attachment 285957 View attachment 285958
View attachment 285959

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,111 Posts
Beautiful car!
I do have a question about the the first pic (952), is the paint "burned" (on the edge of the roof and windshield pillar - passenger side) from having the cover on it?
Please don't be upset that I asked, I'm sure others would want the same thing answered....

I already own 2 TT's (and am retired myself). Have no desire atm to get rid of mine (even though I haven't driven either for 9 months due to a ruptured achilles).

Good luck with the sale, and tell your Dad I wish him a happy retirement!

Bob.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question! And I’m honestly not sure. I just assumed it was the reflection of the clouds, but the car has been covered like that for a year or so, so it’s possible I guess.

I will ask him to let me know - and to take a closeup picture.

Thanks for the well wishes; and same to you!

·
13,111 Posts
I had the same thought (clouds), but if you look at (954) you can still see those same marks...
Again, I don't think it would be a deal breaker for most buyers, but it's always best to disclose all issues (not saying you haven't, you've been very transparent)....

Bob. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For sure. Good call out. Goal here of course is to be as transparent as possible. And if it turns out the car has more issues with the paint or other things, I’ll be sure to post it here. Either way, will likely be selling to under whatever the actual street value is to ensure we account for whatever may need fixing.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spyder - turns out you were right! Good looking out.

The sun really beat up the car in the year it’s been out of the garage - even through the car cover.

I have updated pics of the exterior. You’ll note there is some minor rust on the trunk lid (but nowhere else), along with some bad paint along the pillar and roof. Not sure what happened with the roof, but it seemingly looks like a mate finish now.

In any event, it certainly seems like this car will need to be repainted at some point assuming the buyer wants nice paint again. If nothing else, the rust spot should be cleaned up to avoid additional damage.

The car will still sell at best offer, but I really have no idea what that might be. Anyone have a fair suggested selling price given the paint and potential other issues for a 20+ year old car?

·
13,111 Posts
Damn, I was really hoping I was wrong.
She's still a beauty though.
Maybe someone skilled in the art of auto bodywork will take this on as a project!

Good Luck with the sale,

Bob.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Still going best offer, so plenty of room for the new owner to fix the paint if they’d like and still come out ahead!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update... two offers in. One coming this weekend. Car will be sold for less than $10k by the end of this month. Thx.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts