Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just tried to install the front strut bar on the car today (solid bar) and the bar touches the hood (on the passenger side near the battery side) preventing it from closing. At first I thought that I had the bar's bends were different on each side so I reversed the bar and it still touches.

Is there a secret to getting this thing on? I can barely get the hood to catch the latch and can't fully close the hood.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
try adding wieght to the bar when tightening the brackets (have a friend push down on it or something). this will preload the bar and give you a bit more clearance. if that doesnt work, email me at [email protected] and ill help take care of it.

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Terry, I'll try to get someone to push down on it ... I've pushed it down as much as I can myself. Here's some pics.

The bar on

This is where it's hitting the hood

If I push it down the hood it'll close but it's really baring against the hood and dents that shield

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yeah those metal shields are a PITA when it comes to strut bars. the clearance is just so minimal... its hard to fit a good sized bar in there. pushing it down should load the bar and help get some clearance, and if that doesnt work i emailed you another option.

thanks,
chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts