Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... A week or so ago I made a post about the front passenger wheel making a grinding noise while turning. Here is some more info if anyone can help. The noise does NOT occur if I coast while turning. (I have standard, just hold the clutch in) Another thing I noticed is that when I accelerate quickly and go to shift, the car will jerk to the side then jerk back. Someone on this board told me it could be my driveshaft but i was also told that maybe my CV Shaft(joint?) is slipping. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
My friends Honda Prelude was doing the same exact thing.. It was broken CV-joints.. I don't know if this is the same thing, but it sure sounds like it from your descriptions..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll pipe up here. I had the exact same symptoms as you on my Honda accord. Pretty simple to repair, cost me around $100 and had a family friend fix it for me. Interestingly, I was quoted around $500 to get it fixed at the dealership.

Good luck, and if you decide it's just not worth it to fix, you can always give it to me. =) =)

- John
Still looking

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Arcanlaw, you forgot to say what it was you fixed for $100.
I still bet on the drive axil (CV joint)same thing. get the drive axil replace before it drops out while you are driving and kill yourself or someone else. It only cost about $25 to havi a dealer inspect it. Some shops will do it for free. GET IT DONE.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One mistake I made... I just found out it DOES make the same noise when coasting into the turns... maybe it's getting worse, I'll have it looked at. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts