Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let's suppose i get some gutter guard from lowes/homedepot and want to make a grill for my 99 frontend, do I just do all this by hand? make templates from cardboard, then cut out the real things?

how do I get it to stick to the inside? screws? glue?

any help here?

i don't want to do any of the aforementioned, but i am willing to...i hope someone sells templates, or there is an easier way...
let me know

-brian

·
Registered
467 Posts
I used the Folia Tec stuff, but as long as you get the aluminum stuff It should be the same.

I didn't use templates, I just measured and cut. I left an extra 2" all the way around and trimmed as needed. I then bent it around the back side of the openings and sandwiched it between the I/C ducts and the fascia. on the center there were bolts along the bottom for the airdam, so I used those to hold it down, and on the top I used 3M weatherstrip adhesive. This stuff is the stickiest stuff I have ever seen, and I doubt I'll ever get it off if I wanted to.
Hope this makes a little sense.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
a friend of mine bondo'ed his grille onto his talon

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought a grille a while back and have it sitting in my house. I've been meaning to put it on, but it seems like there's nothing to stick the grille onto the intercoole openings? Will the 3M weatherstrip adhesive hold it in place permanently?:confused:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Oh yeah. I used that stuff to attatch the GFX to the doors and all the moulding on my Fiero. Instead of coming off, it tore the door panel. That stuff is good. Its the stuff in the red tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts