Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad front exhaust pipe. I have ordered a new one and was wondering if this bad pipe causes a loss of power? Once I get this new pipe put on will I regain some power and gain a bit quieter exhaust? This pipe is very expensive. You can only get it from the dealership and it will cost $560 with gaskets. I have a friend that works at the dealership so he is getting it for me at the employee discount which is 10% over cost. So I am getting the front exhaust pip and gaskets for $350. Good deal. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
What car doy you have ?
N/A : You beter go to a muffler shop and let one make such a downpipe for you or weld a part in it wher it is cracked

TT : Get an aftermarket downpipe

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger,

I have a 1994 Base 3000GT. I have taken it to muffler shops and they have all told me that you can only get this part from the dealer. They can't weld or make a piece for my problem because it is to close to the Oxygen Sensor I believe. So I am going to have to cough up the $350 for the factory front exhaust price. $350 is a lot better than the normal $550 price at the dealer. I am lucky I have a friend that works there. I owe him now. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts