Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple of spare 12V LED strips and found an interesting option for placement. It sits on top of the plastic strip on the back of the nose cone down in the gap between the nose and the hood. It does't block the small air-gap, which I believe is for functional air-flow. I wired them into the side lights.

·
Money pit owner.
2,891 Posts
doesn't look to bad. I would've mocked it up under the front lip just to see how it looks. I also noticed some cars run a strip in the gap between the exterior of A pillar all the way to the hatch, it looked quite good.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doesn't look to bad. I would've mocked it up under the front lip just to see how it looks. I also noticed some cars run a strip in the gap between the exterior of A pillar all the way to the hatch, it looked quite good.
It's in 2 sections and I spent 3 or 4 hours mocking them up in several different locations. The strips are quite ugly looking, so the challenge was to find a location where they are not obvious in daylight (unless illuminated) but could be positioned for the light to only shine forward. It looks pretty good in the dark and creates a unique look. However, I'm still on the fence a little to how it looks when illuminated in daylight, so may connect them to the main beams instead of the side lights.

·
Registered
17,590 Posts
But you're mounting to a weather strip and preventing it from making a seal? You should put those LED strips in your SMICs ducts to further illuminate the intercoolers or under your hood vent to make it pop it the dark.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But you're mounting to a weather strip and preventing it from making a seal? You should put those LED strips in your SMICs ducts to further illuminate the intercoolers or under your hood vent to make it pop it the dark.
Read the post above. The "weather strip" doesn't make a seal there is supposed to be a gap there and the LED strips look fugly in the daylight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts