Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 Dodge Stealth ES and a hell of a lot of problem swith the door speakers. I recently bought a set of 6 3/4" component subs. apparently the "factory size" is that, but the hole is a small bit bigger so there 's no where for me to screw them in. I've tried all I could. but nothing works. any advice? all help is appreciated.

niggeycat
91 Stealth ES
[email protected]

·
1,568 Posts
Can you make a small metal tab that would allow you to extend the mounting of the speaker out to the stock mounting location?

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
There are about half a dozen aftermarket adapter kits available for that purpose for less than $20 per pair. Check your local installer (Best Buy, Circuit Shitty etc.) and I bet they can hook you up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been done, somewhat

I already got a bracket from crutchfield for free, only problem is that the bracket they gave me adapts the stock 6.75" hole to a 6.5" speaker. and I have a 6.75" speaker to put in. best idea that poped into my head is sand the inside of the bracket to make the hole a little bigger. any thoughts on this idea?

niggeycat
91 stealth ES

·
1,568 Posts
Your 1st post said the hole was too large for the speaker!:confused: If it is too small then use a file or Dremel to make it fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little confusion

You must have misunderstood. my first post said the factory hole was too big. my second post said the bracket hole was too small. Atleast that's what I meant to say if it didn't come out right.

niggeycat
91 Stealth ES

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.