Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and I have Brembo Gran Turismo brake kits on both the front and rear of this car. I drove the car for a few years with no brake problems whatsoever - the brakes worked excellent! Then a couple years ago, the left front brake caliper pad stuck to the disc and would not release. This caused the disc to turn glowing red hot as I drove the car at speed and resulted in a big brake fire inside the left front wheel. I replaced the front brake kits with brand new Brembo Gran Turismo brake kits on both sides (even though the right side was fine). I also replaced the ABS line since the original was melted in the brake fire. Tested the car, and the left front brake caliper pad was still sticking to the disc, causing the disc to heat up again. Then I replaced the hydraulic unit (HU) in the car with a brand new original one straight from Japan. I also replaced the proportioning valve at this time. Tested the car again, and still have the same problem: The left front brake caliper pad is sticking to the disc and will not release, causing the disc to heat up again. I am reaching out for any help or suggestions at this point. I believe it now may be an electrical problem I have causing the ABS to send a wrong signal to the left front brake disc. Does anyone know what may be the problem I am having? Please send me any suggestions, as I think it may be an electrical problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unplug the abs module or pull the fuse. See what happens.
Thank you se7enisninja for the advice. I did pull out the ABS fuse today, and tested the car again. The left front brake caliper is still sticking to the disc after a few brake sessions, causing the disc to get super hot again. Not sure what to do next? Could the ABS module be defective? I will appreciate any more advice you may have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would check the things mentioned in this thread. Kinked lines, master cylinder adjustment etc. If not then it may be the abs. https://www.3si.org/forum/f41/brakes-locking-up-while-driving-534026/#/topics/534026?page=1
Thank you for the advice and the link. It is possible it could be the master cylinder according to the other link, yet if this is the case, I would think other brake lines would be affected. I replied to the older link, as I wanted to see if the other person got his problem solved by replacing the master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts