Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, ive had the lancer evo on order for months now, so over the course of october i demodified the entire car. the move from 13g turbos to the small/shitty stock 9b's was the worst. after that, i just dont even want to drive the car. its still a bit faster than stock b/c i have a strait pipe in place of the cat, but still. anyone ever done this before? its the worst feeling ever having to take off every part of the car that you worked so hard on to put it there. it sucks. i cant believe i drove the car around like this before... being stock sucks. well i still have my rpo1's on here, but i have a buyer for them.
but anyways, it looks like il have made about $2400 on the parts once i get the rest of them shipped off. all this and about another grand will be spent on the new Lancer EVOLUTION once it comes in jan. i already have a sponsor for it from a local speed shop and Holley. cool thing is i get all parts for the price they get them for(really cheap) and ALL labor cost for free. also, they will pay my eway into shows, and hotel rooms costs. for shows and races that are far away, they will truck the beast down there. if things go right, a month after it the engine is broken in, it should have over 400 crank hp.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
I think you're going to miss having a nice fast car vs. a fast cheap car.

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
Try running your VR-4 naturally aspirated for a couple weeks!!! That's how I'm running now, and let me tell you, it's far worse than any turbo downgrade could be. :(

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marius said:
yea i was in a lancer just a week ago im not very impressed
id stick with my baby till i die
just my opinion
umm, hello, its a LANCER "EVOLUTION"
AS IN 276 hp all wheel drive, and alot faster than a stock vr4. this car is lite(under 3000 lbs) and better than a ferrari 360 in auto cross. i have the vid to prove it. this is not your normal lancer... i agree, they suck.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John M said:
I think you're going to miss having a nice fast car vs. a fast cheap car.
this lancer isnt cheap. im droping 28 g's before trade in. hopefully il get around 7-8 out of the stealth. the EVO has recarros, and momo everywhere in the interior. every part on it is meant for racing pretty much. i think im ganna like this car alot.

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
I agree with John M. Lancers may be fast, but they are ugly and not nearly as well built as a 3/S. The interior sucks compared to that of a 3/S. But it's your money, spend it on what you please.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tokaygecko said:
I agree with John M. Lancers may be fast, but they are ugly and not nearly as well built as a 3/S. The interior sucks compared to that of a 3/S. But it's your money, spend it on what you please.
yes they are fast, ugly? maybe in your opinion, but their are many more people that think they are beautiful. they are better renound than any 3s car in japan or where ever else has them. oh yeah, and they are better built than a 3/s. they have like over 35 new frame braces cross frames to sturdy the chasis. the all wheel drive system is light years ahead of the 3/s. active center differential, yaw control, and its A HELL ALOT lighter. they have brembo brakes from the factory, and practically every metal is a stronger space-age metal the is lite weight. this car cant compare with how it is built.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darktrail said:
link isnt working, but yes i am getting it from sam swope. the local shop is "fast and furious motorsports" in bowling green ky. i dont like the name much, but hey, its money, and a sponsor... 2 things i need. and the import mechanic there has been a freind and was my mechanic for my stealth. alot of the credit for that car running so good was because of him. he specializes in the 4G63 engine, so i figure he should be the one to work on the evo.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darktrail said:
ahh the link is working. that thread was one that went bad. the funny thing is your the one who was actually ganna go down there and see for yourself. did you ever? well, il post up a pic of my car when i get it. go ahead and post your flame, i dont care. but by march il have a show quality 400+hp beast once i get a chance to mess with it.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
In that thread you say you got the Evo 7 and only put 500 down. Then you later went back and said you put down payment on something.

When there is no Evo7 coming, nor was Sam Swope taking pre-orders yet.

-Jeff

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Darktrail said:
In that thread you say you got the Evo 7 and only put 500 down. Then you later went back and said you put down payment on something.

When there is no Evo7 coming, nor was Sam Swope taking pre-orders yet.

-Jeff
i was getting an evolution. i thought that it was ganna be the 7 because that is what everybody was originally saying back around april or march. now its widly known we will be getting the us version of the evo 8, but here in the us it most likely wont be refered to as an 8 or any other number. it will be called just "lancer evolution." around the same hp, same tranny, but most likely without acd(active center diff.) all else same. i do have an order placed at sam swope. you got your info wrong, and i have connections. anyways, keep talking shit, il make sure you see a thread posted with pics of my car when it comes. hopefully it will be in jan like, they say, but :mitsu: is sometimes slower than they want. check out this site:

http://mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/index.jsp

this proves you wrong, they will be here or at least shipped out in about a month.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
That doesn't prove me wrong. Nor was I talking shit.

You said you put a 500 dollar deposit on a car that wasn't even coming to the US.

I even went to the dealership and asked several people in the Mitsubishi lot and they said no one had put any deposit on any Evo and they were not getting a 7. They also said a deposit would be much more than a 500 dollar one at that.

If you get it more power to you, I hope you do prove me wrong. But don't go claiming you have a deposit on a car thats not coming to the states.

-Jeff

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that site proves that the lancer evo is coming to the states. it is made by mitzubishi motor company. its good your not talking shit, so im not. but get with it. that car is coming, its basically common knowledge now. however, im sad to say it looks as if its being delivered in feb now... we dont know for sure, only speculations, but mitsu themselves say jan 3rd. also, if you go to that place, they are ganna turn you away anyways if your asking a questi9on like that. but if you show interest and actually want to buy, they will have it suddenly. i basically have insider attention because i know my dealer so well. thats helped me out alot. but no one in that place is paying more than 500 down. thats only out west where the demand is so great. we dont have anywhere near as much demand here so it wasnt that hard to get on the list. there are around 6000 evos coming to these shores, they will be distributed to ONLY the highest volume dealer which is why i went to sam swope in the 1st place. my home is in indiana, this is the closest place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.