Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question...

Is there an easier way to re-install the oil line for the rear turbo...
... You know.. the Bitch ass one that you think is all the way screwed in, only to find out that it's not. because there is a quart of oil that sprayed onto your garage floor.

Also when you do a turbo swap...is it natural for the turbo's to smoke? (Not plumes if smoke) but a little smoke.

Like burning off something.

·
Fo Shizzle
2,410 Posts
a bit o smoke, yeah, not a ton tho. Mine was burning up prelube stuff that the turbo builders put in there. Kinda like engine pre lube, keeps parts happy till oil pressure builds to normal when first starting up.

which part of the rear oil feed line was loose? the one right on top of the turbo? if you dont have your heat shields in the way its right there and easy to get to from up top.

·
Aged Member
778 Posts
Good to see that someone else has/had the same problems that I did. Only my oil line didn't quite leak that much. Simple fix though. Just pull off the rear IC pipe and with a line wrench 10mm (I think) just give it a turn or so until its tight. (try to remember how hard it was to get off) Be careful though as I could imagine that it would be pretty easy to snap off if you overtighten it.(this would be bad!)
As for the turbos smoking, it stops after they get warmed up on a drive. Good luck and enjoy your new toys!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... After ALOT of frustration and patience, I was finally able to thread the bolt in the correct way. The oil line bolts are VERY similar to fuel lines, in that you have to have them thread in JUST right.

Anyway, all is well, and my new turbo's spool up great!!!

Now is the wait and see time. To make sure everything is O.K.

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
if you think the oil line was hard to get started, try trying to get the coolant lines started.. esp. the ones on the front of the rear turbo and the back of the front turbo! now those are a pain!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts