Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use http://www.freeservers.com They give 20 meg web space, E-mail forwarding, And semi customizable names. I like this because instead of a geocities style address I get a a name like http://www.detroit3si.8m.com . As far as I am conserned that is a lot easier to remember
. They have some web tools for site building But, I have never used them. They also have utilities to add you site to search engines and track access to your site. They do have a 512k file size limit but , that has never been a problem for me, jpg's just dont get that big for easy web usage

Alan

[This message has been edited by Alan92RTTT (edited December 13, 1999).]

·
3,802 Posts
What are some really good web sites that aren't too difficult for a novice to make his first web site of his car.
Thanks,
Player

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
If you're talking about site hosting, I've been using Geocities for 3 years, then they were bought by Yahoo. They're up to 15 megs of space and free email too. They do offer resources to help beginners get their web page built, but I've never used them as I write them html myself and just upload it.

Some others are - taken from a general listing, not sure of them all of course: www.tripod.com www.angelfire.com www.fortunecity.com www.crosswinds.net www.webjump.com www.spree.com www.xoom.com www.freeservers.com www.worldzone.net www.homestead.com www.redrival.com www.cybercities.com www.hobbyhost.com www.bestyellow.com www.freeyellow.com www.rotfl.com www.homepage.com www.topcities.com www.internettrash.com

Different ones have different offerings of space and email availability. As well as different means of popping up advertising. Yahoo/Geocities changes theirs every couple months seems like. Xoom takes over part of your page by default, using about 1/2" at the top. Tripod pops up a separate floating banner window.

EricB

·
3,802 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys! -G- where did you get that spoiler at?
Player
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts