Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I passed a mitsu dealer and saw two 3000GT's, so I went back to look... one is a red 95 Spyder SL, and the other was a pearl white 97 VR-4.. I think I'm in love.. It's got the tan leather interior.. It was dark, so I couldn't tell how many miles or anything.. it appeared to be in good shape.. noticed a couple chips in the paint though.... It had the chromies and everything... looked sweet..

Anyways, what is a fair price for the car.. the 97 VR-4, not the Spyder..

down the street there was a 95 SL, too... asking $17.9k with 38k miles on it..

I like my ES, but hmmm... a VR-4?? hehehe

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
0 Posts
Try offering the dealership $1,000-1500 less than the sticker price...unless the sticker price is a huge markup to begin with.
You may want to check http://www.kellybluebook.com to get an idea of the retail and wholesale value. Since you don't know the exact miles, maybe just fill in the average for a '97 which would be about 20-25,000 miles I would guess.

[This message has been edited by 3000GT owner (edited December 27, 1999).]

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay... I stopped by and took another look at it..

again, its a pearl white 97 VR-4, with just under 40,000 miles on it.. Its in pretty good shape.. only a couple things noticed, like a chip in the paint... but that was it..
The guy actually let me, a 19 year old kid, take it out for a test drive.. one word.. SWEET!!.. I like it! what a difference from my ES..
They are asking $29,995 for.. Blue book is $29,300.. but thats for a car in mint..(I think).

What do you guys think?? Is that too high? I figured anything over $25k would be too much..

Oh, about the Spyder..

It's a 95.. red, SL.. its got somewhere around 42,000 miles on it. pretty nice shape.. black leather interior...it's and auto though... they are asking around $27k for if I remember correctly..

I live about 15 min from the dealer.. I'm in Montgomery Village, MD, about 20 min from DC...

-LDG
93 Stealth ES -- liking a 97 VR-4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts