Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

for those with the factory sunroof

243 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tomwatson 
#1 ·
I have the factory sunroof in my 95 rt/turbo I just bought (the one that stores in the trunk), and I'm having a problem getting it on correctly. When I tried putting it on after I took it off, it seemed like it was not laying flat. When I'm driving it, sometimes it flops up and down and is not secure. It seems like I am doing everything right (I'm turning the handle until it turns no more, and then pushing the handle into the little slotted knotch). Is this a problem with this sunroof, or if you have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong or perhaps any adjustments that need to be made, please respond. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
There's actually 3 "snaps" that the sunroof attaches to when it's in place. The first is the little red "handle" that you push up, the other are the 2 "buttons". Make sure that the sunroof is securley attached to both of these.
Usually, to get it seated in the 2 "button" latches, I just bang on it once. You'll know it's seated properly when you close it and there's no gap.

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

#3 ·
Make sure the leading edge of the sunroof is firmly pushed down as you lower the rear towards the latch. Easier to do with two
people. Also make sure the sunroof is correctly connected to
the latch. Takes a little force. If it isn't, it will "flop" and could fall off. Not good!:D

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I was sure that I wasn't doing something right. I will try that making sure it is seated correctly, and is firmly connected to the latch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.