Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy new AVC-R at apexvr4.
my question is how hard is it to install and how long did it take to complete your installation?
I am kinda dumb at mecha.

thanks

Kalin

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Its not that tough to install. Read the manual 2 or 3 times to be sure you know what your doing. Go to Roger Gerls site and look at his Blitz install pics and info-its very helpful even though its not the same controller (the idea is the same). Take your time finding the wires into the ECU to tap off of. Get the manual out and make sure the pin diagram you are using is for your year car. Do not listen to what the manual says about which to use for a pinout. My 95 VR4 was pinout mb-3. The hardest part for me was finding a way to bring the harness into the car since my amp cable took up the whole grommet area provided above the pedals most people use. I just drilled a fresh hole and used a new rubber grommet and silicone to seal. I had to use self tapping screws since I do not own a tap and die and the screws provided to mount the solenoid require threaded holes. Use the fuel pressure reg. hose to tap off for pressure sensor (I zip tied it behind the strut tower pass. side). Its easy to install, but takes a little time to find the correct parameters to prevent major overboost. If you need any other help ask it, we are happy to help you.

Sam 95 VR4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts