Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have microsoft word 97....i pu ta password on one of my documents a long time ago...... i now forget the password as i try to get into my document.......is there any way to by-pass the password......i dont need to add anything to the document i would just like to read it?......what do u i need to do to get into the document without the password? any help would be awsome

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Go to the find --> files or folders from the start menu. Type in *.pwl and it will show all password files. Delete them all. You won't be able to tell which one is the one you are after. This will delete all passwords on your 'puter and you will have to redo the ones you need later. But it will allow you to access your document.

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else......i tried the file search thing and i that didnt work, i might have done it wrong i dont know.......the other product it helps but not complitly, it only gives me the first 2 letters......does anyone havea copy of a full version like that that they could send me?

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
After you search for *.pwl you should get a list of obscure files with a .pwl extension. Single click to highlight them and hit delete or right click them and chose delete. Windows will ask for your confirmation to delete them. You know the kind of thing I mean, are you really, really sure, etc. Delete them all. Run a second search for the same thing and see if anything comes up. If not, reboot your 'puter and you should be able to view your document. If you continue to get a single .pwl file on each search, then it is self restoring, something I've rarely seen. If that's the case, you will have to rely on a better cracker program. I've got a cracker program on my hard drive that you will have to expand and run from a floppy and it will reveal all your passwords. Email me if you need it.

It's not the sort of program I profesionally can recommend, but you can have it for "evaluation" purposes. :D :eek: :D

It's a guaranteed Windows breaker :D

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Jesse,

I got your email, sent you two different password exposing programs. Check your mail for 2 different emails. The second one was the one I was referring to, but either of them may solve your problem.

Good luck :) :D :)

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey spririt....... can you send me those two programs as well?i tried that *.pwl......... but it seems that i have a se lf-restoring program....damn this computer........it would be greatly apprectiated if you can send me the programs to "evaluate":D :eek: :D thanks alot

[email protected]
paul

·
Registered
365 Posts
deleting pwl files will not let you open up password protected word documents, that's completely different.
pwl files will re-create themselves everytime you logon to your computer unless you make a setting in the registry not to cache windows logon passwords (or use poledit to disable that).
To remove or crack word documents that were password protected you'll need a special program,
Try:
http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/
or
http://www.passwordbully.com/

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a registerd version of a software to crack Word Documents email me private at:

[email protected]

If I still have the soft, you can send me your word document il send you back the password...

The one I bought was around 35$, then again it was 2 years ago... inflation :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts