Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So follow up on my last post on cylinder 1-4 not firing. Found out the coil packs haven't been done yet. Took the ecu out with it showing obvious water damage and such (burnt parts to)
Now I'm just wondering what to do next. Where would be recommend to buy coil packs / buy or repair ECU.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So follow up on my last post on cylinder 1-4 not firing. Found out the coil packs haven't been done yet. Took the ecu out with it showing obvious water damage and such (burnt parts to)
Now I'm just wondering what to do next. Where would be recommend to buy coil packs / buy or repair ECU.
You can get good quality coils from several brands. Rock Auto was the cheapest on reputable brands when I bought them. As far as the ECU, Mitsubishi doesn't sell them new any longer. A Jester ECU or an AEM ECU are your options if you want to buy new or do some tuning (either will cost you a pretty penny), or you can pick up a good used one from someone on this sight, eBay, or the Facebook group for these cars. Just make sure the capacitors have been replaced if you're buying for a first gen car (91 - 93). Prices for those will be all over the place. I got mine for $200.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts