Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this post is for any one with experience in making a front mount intercooler escpecially shadowfax. i will be attempting to build my own fmic and all advice is greatly appreciated. shadowfax is the only one ive seen pictures of so if anybody would lend me a hand and shout out advice it would be greatly appreciated.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
i know nothing about this, but good luck!

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
hey there... since my name is in here I may want to speak up huh?

My advice is quite simple... make sure you get a large core that you KNOW is good. Then if you have end tanks to prefab, I would suggest getting thin metal (not alum) and cutting it and using magnets or a temporary adhesive to hold them together for fitting. take those pieces to a good metal fabricator to get them cut in aluminum... make it decently thick if you are going to be running anything close to 2 Bar.

Remember that with aluminum (which most IC's are made of) you have to use aluminum. and that means you have to use TIG or be really really good at MIG.

I ended up having to take mine off and get if rewelded... I should have full pics up next week of the 2" IC pipes, the FMIC, and other fun stuff.

Also... I am still working on getting a reliable source for FMIC cores... once that happens... I'll be selling FMIC's for as close to $1000 as I can. Which should be 1000 or less :)

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Shadowfax said:
hey there... since my name is in here I may want to speak up huh?
Do you make mounting brackets for the Accel coils?

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
do I make mounting brackets... yes... that is among the pics that I am going to take when I get the car up later this week.

They aren't gonna be expensive- but I want guys to see what I am talking about.

Also we are still working on the mounts, I had only a small inconvience on mine- I needed to find a lathe and someone to buy me a press for Christmas (not really :) ) anyway, those are back on track.

Also I haven't forgotten about the TD05 14B adapter plates... I am working on those too.

Only problem is the constant going out of state/country crap that pops up a day before I leave - FOR A MONTH!!! Grr...

it's coming... I promise.

And Apexi Cores? Hmmm... I gotta find the dimentions and flow.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Could you post the dimensions and price you'd sell the apex'i cores for? Thats the core I was hoping to go with on my FMIC setup...

·
Registered
463 Posts
here

Its the GTR COre, biggest apex makes, you can find the exact specs on their site(531-A020 GTR I/C Core 2 (24"L X 10.8"H X 3"W) )and this is bi far the best flowing core there is, if you have seen an apexi in person and the size+shape of its runners you know what i'm talking about. I'll get you the price on a split sec cause i'm not at work now so i don't have my price list retail is $785

1 - 8 of 8 Posts