Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 95 VR4 and I have a weird issue going on. SO I was looking for a FMIC kit for my car to replace the one that came with it (it was a bunch of pipes put together, not really a kit). I ended up going with the CX Racing one, and it fit just fine on the stock turbos. Due to some other issues (p/s belt snapped and somehow got wrapped around the crank causing the timing to jump) I ended up replacing the turbos as well as a "while I'm in here" type of thing. Granted the old ones were starting to burn oil so they needed to be replaced sooner or later anyways. Long story short, I buy the Kinugawa 19tHL turbos, slap them on, get all that going and now for the love of god, I cannot get the front turbo piping to line up right. The one that connects to the compressor housing and bends up towards the hood is being pointed more towards the firewall than the radiator like its supposed to. I cannot clock the turbos more because the compressor outlet would point directly at the motor mount (I have the solid steel ones, which are smaller than the stock or poly ones), and the coolant lines to the turbos hit the upper part of the motor mount bracket. I was thinking of bending the pipe but I don't have the necessary stuff to bend it without leaving messed up ends or gouging the insides. Has anyone else had an issue with getting the front pipes to line up correct with these turbos? How did you fix it?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
There are quite a few threads discussing the compromises and adjustments/tweaks needed for installation - just need to search. Here is one from Michael touching on the coolant lines:

19t upgrades .. Anybody use these two ? <<

You may want to include some pictures regarding the IC plumbing, but some cutting and/or different couplers are the likely solution from what I have seen.

//edit// RE IC pipes: kinugawa 20t turbos review <<

1 - 2 of 2 Posts