Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kit is the same as our $1399 kit but includes the prototype FMIC used on our shop car which had about $3000 miles on it. The pipes are all new and will be powdercoated to color of your choice. See pic of FMIC below:D

Attachments

·
3s-less
1,507 Posts
how does this compare to the cxracing core sold by pmp? in addition to the size specs do you think it will be more efficient and if so why?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This kit is the same as our $1399 kit but includes the prototype FMIC used on our shop car which had about $3000 miles on it. The pipes are all new and will be powdercoated to color of your choice. See pic of FMIC below:D
$1899 with free shipping
Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good Morning, I have a couple questions for this kit on a 1G:

How is the clearance of the front lower pipe that runs under the intercooler? I have a set of Megan Coilovers going on my car and there are some big speedbumps in my area - stupid speedbumps.

You have probably never had this question:
With this kit, does lower front pipe clear the tow hooks enough to winch my car onto a flatbed tow truck or trailer?

Thanks,
Am

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Morning, I have a couple questions for this kit on a 1G:

How is the clearance of the front lower pipe that runs under the intercooler? I have a set of Megan Coilovers going on my car and there are some big speedbumps in my area - stupid speedbumps.

You have probably never had this question:
With this kit, does lower front pipe clear the tow hooks enough to winch my car onto a flatbed tow truck or trailer?

Thanks,
Am
The bottom tube is above the bottom of the plastic air dam. I think I took the tow hooks off my car, so I can't answer that for sure, but I don't think that the tube extends that far left or right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The bottom tube is above the bottom of the plastic air dam. I think I took the tow hooks off my car, so I can't answer that for sure, but I don't think that the tube extends that far left or right.
Yeh, sorry, let me clarify. I am referring to these hooks - see pics below. From the side, it looks that if you use them it will bend the front lower pipe.
Can you let me know if I use these hooks if it will bend the pipe. Thanks.

Regards,
Am

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh, sorry, let me clarify. I am referring to these hooks - see pics below. From the side, it looks that if you use them it will bend the front lower pipe.
Can you let me know if I use these hooks if it will bend the pipe. Thanks.

Regards,
Am
Yes, that would be a problem. I think they are "tie down points" for when the car was shipped to the US, but if you wanted to use them to tow the car, that would be a problem if the chain angled up. You may have a problem with the front facia also.
Dave

·
Super Hero
4,056 Posts
This kit is a phenomenal kit that is capable of handling 16G's .. I've owned 2 3000gt's and have bought a FMIC kit for both and this is the kit that each has received!..
I don't think there is a better kit out there for the money. Well worth 2x the CX racing price, and even more worth it at 1.3X the price. The materials used are better, the angles of the end tanks are steeper and provide more even flow and I have never had a problem with surging.

·
iowa corn fed
1,557 Posts
i bought one of the old style kits and i think the person that had it replaced some of the dejon pipes.... is there any way that i can order just the pipes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts