Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a group buy on these coolers. This is the cooler, you would need someone to make the piping for you. I custom make coolers. You let me know what sizes you guys want, what inlet size and what outlet size. They will all be polished and presure tested before I ship them out. They will cost roughly around $550 Dollars Which Is really cheap for a front mount. They are a bar and plate design cooler units. If anyone here Does custom Fab piping work (Mandrel bent) Please contact me at [email protected]

I would like to know how many people would be interested in this.

I have pics, please email me if you would like to see a pic. I would post it up, but im getting an error while trying to post it. I will try and post it up later.

Please let me know how many people are interested.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
If you can get somebody to make the piping to go with your kit I'm sure you'd have yourself quite a thread going. The problem is that the piping is by far the hardest part. :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry for the delay im in the process of making a piping kit for the 300zx's Because I own it. I use to own a 3000GT around 2 years ago. But I would need someones car to test fit the pipes or someones stock piping. I will definetly keep you guys posted though. take care

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
What good would stock piping do?......just curious.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry about that, what I meant by stock piping was actually the pipes that you get with a front mount. Not the pipes that comes with the car. It sounded proper in my head, I understand why it may have sounded differnt though.

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
awesome

Sounds GREAT! I'm very interested... I'm already halfway done with the dsm i/c upgrade ~~ but shit, for ~$600 a fmic is well worth it.

The only thing is ~ what size turbos is this optimal for? Clearly the upgrade would be a disadvantage to someone with stockers ~ and the dsm i/cs are optimized for the TD05H-14b upgrade. I'd guess you'd need a pair of 16gs at the very least for a front mount to be worth while. What's the internal volume of the kit you're thinking about anyway?

The stock I/Cs measure about 130 ci each ~ optimized for the 9b turbos flowing 265 cfm a piece. So combined 260 ci internal volume for 530 cfm turbos.

The HKS upgrades were optimized for a set of 13g turbo. Combined 350 ci internal volume for 720 cfm turbos.

The dsm intercoolers were optimized for the stock dsm 14b turbo. Combined 390 ci internal volume for 810 cfm turbos.

I suppose we can make a terribly elementary calculation of the optimal turbo size from this ratio. All three are between 2.03-2.08 cfm from the turbos per ci of i/c internal volume. Then again these are all side-mounts... so I could be talking out my ass. :bandit:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
ditto, im interested

·
Registered
459 Posts
so am i....but i'm broke

·
Registered
422 Posts
"If you can get somebody to make the piping to go with your kit I'm sure you'd have yourself quite a thread going. The problem is that the piping is by far the hardest part. "

FYI

www.ppeengineering.com sales the piping for $600.00.

Will have to check the fittings.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
VR4-2FAST4U-PR said:
"If you can get somebody to make the piping to go with your kit I'm sure you'd have yourself quite a thread going. The problem is that the piping is by far the hardest part. "

FYI

www.ppeengineering.com sales the piping for $600.00.

Will have to check the fittings.
I know. Now if ShiftCtrl can get together with them than we'd be good to go.

Unless you want to buy the piping and the FMIC seperately and tell us how well they work together? (VR4-2fast4u-PR)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.