Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey bill i dunno if you got my email but i am having fitment issue problems with the first gen 575 hood,

all along the fender of the driver side but more so towards the headlight cover my 575 first gen hood sits too high, i have turned the bumper stops all the way down and i cut the dampening rubbers down too, it is still sitting too high.....

any ideas?

·
Muscle Cars Rule!
136 Posts
i have had this same problem. only on the drivers side though. i took off the rubber cover to the top of the suspension and it helped a little, but im thinking maybe adding some washers to the hood hinge to raise the top hopefully making the bottom go down. otherwise, ill just t ake it to a body shop and have them see what they can do.

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have coilovers so nothin i can do about removing caos it is already alot sorter then the stock ones, and i have tried to use washers to prop up the connecting pillar and it didn't help.

any other ideas?

Bill its time to chime in lol

·
Muscle Cars Rule!
136 Posts
hmmmmm does the hood hit anything or is it just notstraight enough like the other side? with mine, when i push the bottom down, it seems like it bends a little in the middle like its hitting something. i'm thinking maybe a little grinding or cutting will do but illl let the pros handle that one.

haha or u could just tie down the corner and ghetto-fy it! :D jk

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmmm does the hood hit anything or is it just notstraight enough like the other side? with mine, when i push the bottom down, it seems like it bends a little in the middle like its hitting something. i'm thinking maybe a little grinding or cutting will do but illl let the pros handle that one.

haha or u could just tie down the corner and ghetto-fy it! :D jk
yup im just waitin for bill to chime in

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still waiting......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts