Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my Pearl Yellow on Saturday Last week, and its my first stick, and already I'm racing it. It was freezing cold, and the track didn't seem to have any good #'s going around. All the Mustang GT's were high 14's / 15's, while the LS1's were all throughout the 13's, very few 12 cars were there.

The first race was against a Single Turbo RX7, but one of his hoses popped off If my memory serves me correct, so he ran a pretty damn slow time. This was my first time actully racing at a drag strip, and I have only been driving a stick for 5 days.

Second race was against a Civic, thought someone said it was turbo, but it wasn't that fast, so not sure whats up with it. I won, but I beat my time so I got disqualified... (the guy asked What did I run last race? I told him I just ran a 14.6, so he wrote that down. (Video) (4.08MB) (Right Click Save As)

Third and Last race was vs a Integra. Pretty fast one too! I had a crappy reaction time, but I got my launch much better and turned up a 1.954 60' SO i was happy with the launch, and also broke into the 13's!!! (Video) (4.07MB) (Right Click Save As)

Anyways, So i was shifting at about 6500 everytime. Any suggestions? My MPH was the same 98 everytime, which I think is kinda slow?

·
Registered
89 Posts
u need to work on your reaction time ...try n get it as close as you can to0 .500 whut i do is launch on the third yellow light rite before the green.. try it next time ull be surprised

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
The low MPH is probably from your shifting speed. MPH can suffer really bad if you don't shift quickly. I'm sure your MPH will go up as you get adept with the stick.

Good job though...that's a good ET for that MPH!

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
You're 60's are pretty bad. Launch more aggressively and bang those gears at redline and you'll be solid into the 13's.

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah in the last one, i was the 5430 car, they put the wrong # down. I was pretty happy for a 13.88.

1.954 isn't that bad of a 60' right? The first two times I didn't know how to launch it, the last time i went alot higher, and it was good i thought.

The reason why the reaction was crap was for the first time wasn't expecting it to go that fast, they don't give you any ok or anything, as soon as the 2nd stage light goes on the tree is already started, which is understandable they want to give everyone a chance, they just need to give you 2 seconds inbetween the stage light & tree start.

Oh well, I'll have another go at it next year, my dad doesn't want me to go again untill at least 8 months from now, while I feel I'll get all my mods on then go again, which will probably be about 8 months heh, so It'll work out. By then I'll actully be decent at shifting etc.

Anyways thanks for the response, I'll have to work on shifting higher, I just have a fear or redlining! hehe

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
1,108 Posts
Tenny said:
1.954 isn't that bad of a 60' right? The first two times I didn't know how to launch it, the last time i went alot higher, and it was good i thought.
For a stock clutch that is a pretty good 60 foot time. Just keep practicing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tenny said:
sacramento (took me 4 hours to get there from Tino... forever... heavy clutch usage the whole way, stop & go traffic in moutains... :( )
i was at the raceway here in sac wed. to0 i ran a stock black 328is beamer [email protected] not to0 bad for a n/a i6

·
Registered
291 Posts
Your times aren't that bad for being stock.. Why dosen't your dad want you to take it to the track?? He won't let you do what you want? Don't worry about the redline. It won't hurt anything and the ECU spark cut limits the engine to 7500rpm anyway.

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nano said:
Your times aren't that bad for being stock.. Why dosen't your dad want you to take it to the track?? He won't let you do what you want? Don't worry about the redline. It won't hurt anything and the ECU spark cut limits the engine to 7500rpm anyway.
Becuase it's wear and tear on the car. He said to buy a drag car if i want to race etc. HE just knows its going through alot of punishment while racing, and doesn't think i can afford anything that breaks, which is true, I only got 1k in the bank right now, so if the tranny fucks up or somthing like that I'm heavily screwed!!!

I don't blame him, i know where he's coming from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tenny said:

Becuase it's wear and tear on the car. He said to buy a drag car if i want to race etc. HE just knows its going through alot of punishment while racing, and doesn't think i can afford anything that breaks, which is true, I only got 1k in the bank right now, so if the tranny fucks up or somthing like that I'm heavily screwed!!!

I don't blame him, i know where he's coming from.
I know how you can get your dad off your back, sell that bad boy to me :D

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
Tenny,

Nice Videos! Congrats on launching your car at the track! You getting used to the stick? miss the auto? LOL

You'll get the hang of it!:bigthumb:

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
Nice especialy being that new to the car.

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL, MY CAR NO ONE ELSES!!!

And I love the stick. If my ES was a Stick, I probably would have kept it, but I made a mistake buying an auto sports car, which I had to deal with for a year and a half. Now I'm onto bigger and better things :D.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
What program are you guys using to watch a .mov file?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
923kgtvr4 said:
u need to work on your reaction time ...try n get it as close as you can to0 .500 whut i do is launch on the third yellow light rite before the green.. try it next time ull be surprised
i'm not sure what you're saying here.. surprised? reaction time has nothing to do with elapsed time.. you can sit for 10 seconds after green and you'll still run 13's..

tenny,

thats a solid number for that car for your first outing at the track... very impressive..

- eddie -

1 - 20 of 25 Posts