·
Registered
749 Posts
Did he accidently put in reverse first?:D :p

Nice kills biatch!

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
You need to come and race me. I think it was a midget and the wooden block on the gas pedal feel off.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for all you lazy ones

Posted by me
Last night was my first time going to the track. The track we went to is just an abandoned airport. There is a tree setup but no times. It is basically just who wins.

Here is a rundown of my races:

1st race = Win
1G Stealth RT/TT
This car is totally stock except for intrax springs.
We lined up and had what proved to be my best launch of the night. I had him off the line and continued to pull all the way to the end. I won by about 6 cars. Yeah, no shit. I could have had him by another 1/2 car but I shut down early as I thought I had already passed the 1/4 mile marker.

2nd race = Win
1G Stealth RT/TT
Rematch with the previous car. Another good launch. This time I had him by about 1 car. Yeah, no shit.

3rd race = Loss
2000ish Z28
This car had intake, exhaust, and something else but I can't remember. Maybe a chip. This guy was pretty funny because he was warming up his tires at the line but he couldn't stay still and lurched forward about 30 feet swerving all about. Anyways, I had a pretty bad launch. Actually, it is not really my launch but the tree is really quick. Once it hits yellow, you are supposed to go then because the green is only a tenth of a second away. I waited for the green and so he got a really good jump on me. I had some wheel hop and tire spin and he had about 2 cars on me. Once I got into second, I started to pull on him a bit but I couldn't really catch up. We crossed the line and I would say that he beat me by about one and a half cars. Everybody who was watching though tried to make me feel better and say that he only had me by a quarter to half a car as our finish lights came on right about the same time. He was pretty cool though. He wanted to race Al's (The Lurker) VR-4 but by the time he got around to us, Al's clutch was slipping pretty bad.

4th race = Loss
2G Eclipse Spyder Turbo
He had some mods done and was boosting at 17 lbs. I had a shitty piss poor excuse for a launch and he absolutely demolished me off the line. He was definitely fast and was flashing his hazards at me halfway down the track. Again, my boys tried to make me feel better by saying that I would have had him if my reaction time was better. I don't think so. He was really fast.

5th race = Win
2G 3000GT SL
He had just basic mods. Intake and exhaust. He also had a passenger and so one of his friends, who I knew also, got into my car with me. I had a pretty hoppy launch again but I pulled on him very nicely right off the line. I kept pulling all the way to the end and I had him by a little less than a car. This was a pretty good race as I wanted to see how much my mods improved my speed over a basically stock n/a 3S.

6th race = Win
2G 3000GT SL
Rematch. He wanted to race again since his passenger was 230 lbs and my passenger was only 147. He picked up his girlfriend who weighed about a buck and a quarter soaking wet. I guess he wanted it to be fair. Not sure why we didn't just dump the passengers. Anywhoo, same deal. Crappy hoppy launch but I still pulled all the way to the end. This one was just a tad closer. I had him by about 3/4 of a car.

7th race = Win
Starquest
We were all getting ready to leave the track and I pulled up next to this guy and asked him if he wanted to go. He said yeah and hopped in his car. Crappy launch (like you couldn't guess that one ) and he had about 2 cars on me. His launch was awesome as he had no wheel spin and really took off quickly. I would say that he had about 2 cars on me all the way through first and then when I shifted to second, that is when I started to pull on him. I caught up to him almost at the top of second and blew him out of the water in third by about two and a half cars. That was a fun race because I actually got to pull and pass somebody from a considerable deficit.

All in all, it was an awesome night at the track. I never realized how much of a difference there is between stoplight racing and strip racing. It is quite a bit harder and requires more concentration and focus. I was worried about my shifting skills, but I really learned that I need to work on my reaction times and my launch. My shifting was just fine. Awesome night and very fun. Props to all of the other 3S's that went also and represented. I had a blast.

"All motor, that's all I gotta say" and I whooped on Brandon's 1G TT.

To top off the night too, I had just dropped Al off at home and was taking my other friend home and we were on the freeway minding our own business and a 5.0 pulled up next to us and revved it up. Pretty cool because I was looking for a decent 5.0 to race all night but couldn't find one really in my league. They have some really fast Mustangs out here from Competition Racing. This one had at least an exhaust as it was louder than shit at the speed we were going with the windows rolled up and the stereo on. David says take him and I drop into third and I pulled on him right away from about 65 mph. I slowed down as I had already taken him and I could see his headlights speeding up on me again pretty quickly. I dropped and punched it again and what do you know, he never even got to my passenger door. So chalk up a kill from a roll on the bad boy V8.

So not bad. 5 wins and 2 losses at the track and 1 win on the street from a 65 mph roll with a V8.

Very fun evening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by DJ_Eric_P

Nice kills, I to have to work on my Launching. You should try and take to a certified track, so you can get some timeslips to know what your really running. After hearing all this racing shit I now want to get a EBC and UDP pulley. Sunday all I did was chill all day and rest at home from my mean ass hangover from Saturday night. When you called I was like who the fuck is this, then it was like I wish I was racing too (fucker). I'll try and post pics from Saturday, but my wife erased the good ones. I had a full on crotch shot from under my wifes friend drees and you could see everything, but my wife erased it before I could down load it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Me

Originally posted by DJ Eric P.
When you called I was like who the fuck is this, then it was like I wish I was racing too (fucker).

Yeah, when I called you, I had just beat the TT the first race and was lining up for the second race with him. It was funny because he had his window open as I was telling you that I beat a TT. He was smiling and shaking his head. Really funny.

Posted by Detpac

Rich represented the NA group very well. Nice kills. Rich was beeming last night. Launching is a tricky thing. When the Thunder Alley track opens next year, we'll go and get you timed and have you practice on a real tree for better launching.

Great going. It was fun getting together for the races. Way to go Rich.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
good kills

I was about to say "not another one of those linked to that forum and we can't see it" posts ;)

·
Resident rocket scientist
7,998 Posts
nice kills

Nice kills. You represent the all motor bunch very well...

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
richy what all do you have done to the car?

Unless you're heavily modded with that ES, I don't know about keeping up with the z28 and beating the tt...spew some details man:D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Odin said:
richy what all do you have done to the car?
Unless you're heavily modded with that ES, I don't know about keeping up with the z28 and beating the tt...spew some details man:D
All Motor Baby!!!:D You can see my sig for all of my mods.

The TT was completely bone stock and the driver probably wasn't the best in the world, other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I do have witnesses who viewed both of the races though. I am sure they will vouch for me.

The Z28 was a very good race and I stayed up with him but I couldn't catch up to him. Not sure what other details to add there either but he was pretty fast off the line. I know if I had a better launch, it would have been much much closer. Not saying that I would have beat him though, just saying it would have been closer.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
God damnit...with that many amount of mods I would have been pretty upset if you had lost to the 2nd Gen 3000GT...lol...should have dumped all the passengers...hehe:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
few things... you need some bigger tires. 225's wont cut it. not even stock sized tires. second, good kills/deaths. third, could the tt stealth not drive for anything?i mean, if you beat him off the line, something is wrong. but who cares, good kills anyway.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I agree with Wannabe here:eek: At least 245's. THat is what I had on the 3000GT when I sold her. They were on 17" rims though.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.