Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
~picture taker~
1,489 Posts
It depends....

What kind of 3kgt do you have? If its an dohc 222 hp with a 5spd stick - you might be able to keep up from a roll-not from a dead stop (thats where the LS1's will beat you). If you have automatic or a sohc forget it! Now if you have a VR-4 it should be cake!

melis-

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
um . . dont give him the idea that its a piece of cake for a TT cause its not, especially if the TT is stock.

From a dig, the WS6 will eventually catch a stock TT, depending on how far the run is. From a roll, most stock TT's will fall to one early on.

These are stock to stock, regardless of transmission in the WS6.

·
~picture taker~
1,489 Posts
38 cig....

most street races end by 80 mph or so anyway! My guess is that TT would win from a stop or a roll untill you get to 80 or 90 thats when they come on really strong! Maybe in the qt mile a TT has trouble but the street races don't usually last that long right?
It seems like both cars are about the same from 30-70 mph but its the starting line and 80 mph or more where the v8-s prove there power!
Every race it different he'll just have to race and find out:) good luck-

melis-

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Okay, my car taps 95mph in the 1/4... LS1's trap 103-105. That means by the end of the 1/4 mile, they're pulling on me at a 8-10mph rate. That's pretty considerable!

The ONLY time I'm ever ahead of an LS1 is in the first 60 feet, because I pull 2.2 60 foot times and most LS1's with stock tires pull 2.4's.

I did, however, pull on a new z28, but it was on a wet road and he had a fat bitch in the passenger seat and a full tank of gas.

Wet roads or nitrous (100-110 shot) are your only hope.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
I am almost BPU (only missing exhaust) and I can't take a 99 Camaro SS from a roll at all. Bigger turbos are what I need, cause I doubt I'll be able to get him even with the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
WICKEDDREW said:
Okay, my car taps 95mph in the 1/4... LS1's trap 103-105. That means by the end of the 1/4 mile, they're pulling on me at a 8-10mph rate. That's pretty considerable!

The ONLY time I'm ever ahead of an LS1 is in the first 60 feet, because I pull 2.2 60 foot times and most LS1's with stock tires pull 2.4's.

I did, however, pull on a new z28, but it was on a wet road and he had a fat bitch in the passenger seat and a full tank of gas.

Wet roads or nitrous (100-110 shot) are your only hope.
Bitch your opinion doesnt count, we dont car if you pulled mid 14's. HEHE:D , your about the only one that can do that fully stock so I would have to say that he would beat you and you would have a pretty little chance. Start Modding NOW!!!!. HEHE:D

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
BPUs on a TT car will put you doorhandle to doorhandle with a Firehawk. Sean Z (93 Stealth TT, K&N and bleeder, 135k miles) raced a 10th Anniversary Firehawk 2 weeks ago and they ran 13.25 and 13.24, with the Firehawk having a half-mph better trapspeed.

Sean's car still has full stock exhaust too.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Wraith R/T awd said:
I am almost BPU (only missing exhaust) and I can't take a 99 Camaro SS from a roll at all. Bigger turbos are what I need, cause I doubt I'll be able to get him even with the exhaust.
It's that 5spd gearing that hurts you, there. I am BPU and am able to put multiple cars on my friend's 2002 Trans Am WS6 auto. I was also able to put about 4 cars on a 6spd 2001 SS from a 40mph roll as well.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The 6 - Speed is definatly a hugh factor. Since the gearing is sooo much lower with the 6- Speed instead of the 5 - Speed the VR - 4 can stay in its powerband more often then it does. As if it has problems with power. HEHE:D

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Ruiner said:

It's that 5spd gearing that hurts you, there. I am BPU and am able to put multiple cars on my friend's 2002 Trans Am WS6 auto. I was also able to put about 4 cars on a 6spd 2001 SS from a 40mph roll as well.
DOH!!! Bigger turbos and a 6spd I guess are what I need :p

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
I would say your best bet would be nitrous, after that it could get real expensive (cams, heads and stuff).

I have pulled on a ws6 auto when I had just an intake. Not by a lot but a little, mostly from 30-70, then it was pretty close. Altitude may play a roll in that though, I am at 5000 ft. Altitude still affects my car, but slightly less than a n/a car.

·
I Want Twin Turbos Too!
1,600 Posts
Like someone else already said, the most important thing is the driver. I went from running 13.5's in my car to 13.1's at 106.87-mph just by driving my car better. Actually my first true run was a 13.7 or a 13.8, so I took over a half second off of my times. That is a big difference.

I would think most 6-speed TT's would need a K&N and boost contoller set at 1-bar (or about 15-psi) to match most stock LS1's trap speeds (racing them from a roll). I decent driver can pull 2.0 sixty foots on the regular tires, some A4's can get 1.9's (that is somewhat rare though), but most people you come across on the street would be in the 2.4-second range I would imagine. So a good reaction time is even more instrumental.

Cheers! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts