Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the K&N FIPK oval filter for a 3000gt and wanted to know if anyone might have the adapter part for it....Also if you know a place that sells this part please let me know.
Thank you...

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Do you need that round one, or the black oval one that comes with the aircharger? They are different.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hahahah...good luck. I tried for over a year to find this plate because some jerk sold me the K&N "kit" with just the filter (no plate!). K&N won't sell me it without buying the kit, and nobody has spare ones laying around.

AAM (Altered Atmosphere Motorsports) carries adapter plates. They are custom-machined from billet aluminum by a nearby machine shop. I got one - very high quality and perfect fit. Only downside is price - it's about $70 shipped, which is what some people are asking for an entire K&N kit. Oh well, it looks shiny (until you mount it and the filter covers it up heheheh).

Call AAM at 301-330-8835 or check out www.alteredatmosphere.com

Good Luck!

- Brad
92 Pearl White R/T

·
In God We Trust
114 Posts
BSWhelchel said:
Hahahah...good luck. I tried for over a year to find this plate because some jerk sold me the K&N "kit" with just the filter (no plate!). K&N won't sell me it without buying the kit, and nobody has spare ones laying around.

AAM (Altered Atmosphere Motorsports) carries adapter plates. They are custom-machined from billet aluminum by a nearby machine shop. I got one - very high quality and perfect fit. Only downside is price - it's about $70 shipped, which is what some people are asking for an entire K&N kit. Oh well, it looks shiny (until you mount it and the filter covers it up heheheh).

Call AAM at 301-330-8835 or check out www.alteredatmosphere.com

Good Luck!

- Brad
92 Pearl White R/T

Ha Ha Ha...You should have went to www.procarparts.com to get your adapter plate. It took me 5 minutes and $27.50 including shipping.:D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I could have, but then I'd be wasting another $27.50 on a circular adapter plate that won't fit an OVAL air filter. Sure, I could have bought a circular filter too, but that wouldn't be as freakin' big as my K&N Aircharger, now would it??

- Brad
92 Pearl White R/T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts