Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 539 Posts

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are not following my thread, I thought it woud be worth starting a new thread, I've been ask multiple time what my car was putting down, so I went to see Ray to get a dyno sheet from him.

Unfortunatly, even if my boost controller was working fine on the street (I was able to hold 30psi to the red line) it was not on his dyno. We were able to set the starting boost, but it was always falling down to 25psi at the end. So Ray just did a few pulls on his dyno and we have to leave cause we couldn't do anything with a non working MBC. I will get rid of this MBC and get a EBC.

Anyway, the results are still good even when the boost is falling to 25psi. AFAIK those numbers are the TD04 reccord on pump gas and I think they are the TD04 reccord too on a stock block.

Anyway, here is the results we got, all on pump gas + water/meth, at 12.0:1 - 12.5:1 A/F :

600AWHP @ 651AWTQ
609AWHP @ 633AWTQ (a small missfire killed some TQ here)

On another pull we saw 657AWTQ, but Ray stoped the pull cause he saw 33psi. Nevertheless, we never saw knock, not even one count. It was 67F.

Other interesting fact : the car made 500AWTQ at 3400rpm and 600AWTQ at 4000 RPM! ;)

In the cold temperature we have now in Montreal, I do wheel hop at around 100MPH on Direzza Z1 tires, even in fourth gear.

Eric

·
Ancient Spirit Of Evil
3,922 Posts
oh man, wish I could have been there! but alas I am in New Rochelle this weekend bored out of my mind working on a music project browsing 3si missing my baby 93'

·
NBF Tech Racing
3,190 Posts
I love it when people say on pump but they're also spraying water/methanol... lol
Back in the years my car did 682awhp on stock block.

NBF

·
mitsu lover
787 Posts
congratulation eric!

Its nice to see some numbers now.

Did you play with the timing on your cam gears?
Or they still setted at -0-

I just want a ride! :p

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
I love it when people say on pump but they're also spraying water/methanol... lol

NBF
Nelson, little word of advice man. Do you want to know why so many people don't like/care for you? You ALWAYS have to have the bigger dick! When you do this you are acting like a DICK! Nobody here gives a shit as to what the hell your car did back in the years. Shit man. I know it's hard to believe, but this thread isn't about you. Sorry to hi-jack your thread Eric.

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

NBF
I clearly state that's on pump gas and water/meth.

I said it was the best TD04 WHP on a stock block. I know bigger set-up have done better, AFAIK has been done by Matt M. with 714WHP. The idea is that TD04 do the power much sooner, notice that I said I did 600AWTQ at 4000RPM not at 5-6000rpm.

Eric

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
congratulation eric!

Its nice to see some numbers now.

Did you play with the timing on your cam gears?
Or they still setted at -0-

I just want a ride! :p
The cam gears are set at the usual +1, -3! We did not play with them!

Hehe you gotta get your car out! For the ride, with the cold temp I can only goes between 30-50% throttle or it loose traction!

Eric

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
oh man, wish I could have been there! but alas I am in New Rochelle this weekend bored out of my mind working on a music project browsing 3si missing my baby 93'
Wish I could have seen you Kelvin and Bob! I saw a black VR4 comming to the shop and I hoped it was you!

Eric

·
Premium Member
11,889 Posts
Just truly amazing with the power shifted to the LEFT....lol
Gotta be a blast to drive and can only get better with a EBC. Curious to what octance Canadian gas is that you brought some down with you? Do you drive this in the winter up there also? Take good care of it and enjoy it and as the ole saying goes..."be carefull out there"
So where the vid of you and some unknow Camero? lol

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This car is very impressive. A real sleeper! Congrats on the power Eric and it was a pleasure meeting you.
-Steve

Thanks Steve, it was nice metting you also, thanks for the ride in your car, I really like those muscle car!!

Just truly amazing with the power shifted to the LEFT....lol
Gotta be a blast to drive and can only get better with a EBC. Curious to what octance Canadian gas is that you brought some down with you? Do you drive this in the winter up there also? Take good care of it and enjoy it and as the ole saying goes..."be carefull out there"
So where the vid of you and some unknow Camero? lol
94 octane, yes all year round, I do not have another car!

I made another thread with the video in!!

Eric

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Very nice!!! I'm sure I'll go the dr750 route next winter myself. Like to keep it simple so td04 would be nice!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice results and tuning. Is 94 octane common in Canada? It seems like all the stations in Wisconsin are switching to 91 or 92 octane to save money and to be competitive.

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
very impressive. you didn't happen to get any pure pump gas (no meth) runs did you?

edit: also add it to the dyno collection thread (link in my sig) and i'll add it to the next update.

1 - 20 of 539 Posts