Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasn't really planning on buying one and I was going to look for something different, but I couldn't pass up a good deal!

So I went out and bought this:

1994 Pearl Yellow Stealth R/T TT, the only upgrade done is a pair of porterfield vented rotors on the front!

What do you guys think? I swapped out the wheels with some RP01s temporarily, but I'm looking at buying something else in the next month or so, any suggestions? I'm looking at Work or AVS wheels right now...

It's in great shape, tranny works pretty good (for a TT) and it runs okay. there seems to be a boost leak and exhaust leak, nothing too major!

Here is a few more shots...what kinda wheels should I get?

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left the Fittipaldi's with the previous owner :(
I'll take your wheels though ;)

I've got some 17x8 Enkei RP01 wheels on there right now and the Stock chromes without tires in my trunk, I believe those have a buyer however!

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lawrence,
Your TT hs been in the shop forever!! almost a year now! Whats up with it? A siezed turbo doesnt take this long to swap out, or are you doing some secret 8 second beast? ;)

Mobile,
He wanted an extra $1000 for the wheels/tires in the pics and I wanted something other than that, so I put on some RP01s I've got, they don't look that bad, but the tires are worn. I had to use spacers to get them to clear the 2nd gen calipers, but they might clear the first gens! When I get some new wheels, I'll sell them, actually I've been trying to sell them for almost a year now, just never advertised much...

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Let's race for pinks :)

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G,
I'll be working with Non Fujita at enonvtiv on getting some wheels imported from Japan this weekend, he's going to try and get me a sweet deal! What do you think...AVS or Work?

Rob,
let me fix my boost leak and I'll kick your ass all the way to 150+ ;) :p

·
2,994 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sweet ride. What happened to the orginal rims?

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Liu Kang said:
Welcome to the club. Sweet ride. What happened to the orginal rims?
I let the original owner keep them, he might be selling them, I just wanted something else :)

·
2,994 Posts
Not interested in the orginal rims, but thought that they didn't look too bad on the orgianl cars if you know what I mean.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Liu Kang said:
Not interested in the orginal rims, but thought that they didn't look too bad on the orgianl cars if you know what I mean.
ahhh I thought you were talking about those fittipaldis in the pic!

I have the original wheelsin the trunk as we speak :)

I like the 1st gen stock wheels and I like the 2nd gen 18" ones, but the stock 17's on this car just don't do it for me :(

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
JagdStealth said:
G,
I'll be working with Non Fujita at enonvtiv on getting some wheels imported from Japan this weekend, he's going to try and get me a sweet deal! What do you think...AVS or Work?

Rob,
let me fix my boost leak and I'll kick your ass all the way to 150+ ;) :p
Who?? show me pix of wheels u looking at... :)

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AmkreadGTO said:

Who?? show me pix of wheels u looking at... :)
http://www.importtuner.com/archives/features/0801_features01.jsp

that's who...really cool guy from Japan. His shop will get you anything you could think of from Japan and he can get some great deals on wheels, nothing cheap, buthe specializes in only the hard to get, like AVS, Work, blitz, and a bunch of other Brands I can't remember.

let me dig up some pics of the wheels, I liek the AVS model 7s though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
JagdStealth said:
Lawrence,
Your TT hs been in the shop forever!! almost a year now! Whats up with it? A siezed turbo doesnt take this long to swap out, or are you doing some secret 8 second beast? ;)
Unfortunately much more than just the turbo...whole engine had to be rebuilt :( It'll be more or less stock when it rolls out of Industry, but I've already got a pile of go-fast parts waiting for it back home :)

OOC, what size wheels are you looking at?

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ouch, that sucks :( but you did get a decent deal on the car if I remember!

I'm hoping to get something in the 18x9 range, maybe 18x10. I want to put 265s all around...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Congrats, good looking car. U gonna mod it ? May I suggest u start with a Ypipe & some Intrax springs ?

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
countach said:
Congrats, good looking car. U gonna mod it ? May I suggest u start with a Ypipe & some Intrax springs ?
It'll be modded to hit at least mid 12s in full street trim and I'll up the handling a bit as well.
Boost gauge, Turbo Timer, Boost Controller, Intrax, and Y-pipe are already on order :)

What kind of stuff do you have on your VR4 suspension wise? All these stories of making Ferraris Jealous makes me wonder :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts