Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have some pretty big turbos (IHI RHF 55s) on the way and i have a massive fuel system that will be going in my car at the same time, and my question to y'all is this: if i am going to run higher than 15 lbs of boost with 720cc injectors and a very capable fuel system, do i need to run the alkie kit or no? or is the alkie kit like an octane booster (wrong term, i know, but...) that i need to run when i am not running race gas. this is a rather confusing point for me. thanks
Matt

·
Jack Stand Driver
978 Posts
The alcohol injection allows you to run high boost on pump gas by injecting alcohol and water into the motor.
1)Will up the octane of the fuel

2)The water acts like an intercooler, cooling the intake charge temp.

Hope that helps ya.
Latez'

·
Registered
856 Posts
You're gona need alcohol injection to run more than 18-19psi of boost. I think thats on the stock IC's though. A huge front mount intercooler might let u run a couple more pounds. Personally, for the price, I think its an awesome safeguard. It'd just be nice to know that in the middle of summer you could always turn on the alkie. I wonder if anyone has ever hooked an alkie kit up to the knock sensor? That'd be pretty cool ....

.jon

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Is that don's IHI RHF55 kit? How much did it run you? How much bigger are the RHF55s over the RHF5s?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts