Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of looking finally picked up a 93TT! I live in Britich Columbia Canada and there are not alot of these cars around. The ones you do find are ussually huge bucks. This one has about 60,000 Miles, fully loaded except sunroof and I got it for about $8000USD. It's in good shape except for two small dings in the body which I am going to fix up next spring. First project is timing belt...looked at the manual and it looks like a lot of fun! Anyone got any tips to make it a little easier? Roughly how long does it take? Also wondering how much the timing belt should be worth - local dealer has given me a price of about $245USD, just wondering if this is reasonable.

thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Thats a great price! I just did my timing belt and its really not that hard, just time-consuming. Get yourself a manual on CD from Vineet Singh and follow step-by-step.

Here's the prices I got on my parts from Josh at Conicelli Mitsubishi (not sure if they will ship to Canada, but their # is 610-272-5563).

Timing belt - 109.16
Tensioner - 58.71
Idler Bearing 1 - 20.45
Idler Bearing 2 - 19.65
Water pump & gasket - 73.63

I got the other 2 drive belts too but I don't have the receipt handy.

Good luck!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must say I like your prices a lot better! Shipping shouldn't be a problem because my company has a US mailing address in WA. Thanks for the phone#. Where do I get this CD? Is Vineet Singh a person or company???

Thanks, Jason

[This message has been edited by jduncalfe (edited December 13, 1999).]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That is a sweet deal! I'm almost jealous, eh Mike?
I live in Toronto, and drove to Chicago to get mine (a 91, also loaded, with about 107k miles) but costed a little less ($6500.USD), and hasn't required too much work (under $500. cdn). JC Whitney has cheap timing belts, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable with a "Cheap" timing belt. I have to admit, Canadian Dodge dealers are a rip for a lot of things, except oil filters. Seems to be more flexibility in US dealers.
Vineet is a member here, who I think, scanned the manuals on to the cd or something. Maybe he'll come if you call. Here, Vineet, Vineet!

[This message has been edited by Diablo (edited December 13, 1999).]

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that there are not many of these cars around up here - at least not in BC. I hardly ever see other stealths around, and TT's are extremely rare. I guess for that reason they can charge premium prices.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!! Hey! I'm from B.C. too! 'cept now I live in Los Angeles. Recommendation on the timing belt replacement ... have someone else do it!! I consider myself pretty mechanically inclined but after reading the posts on what kind of problems others have had, I'll pay the extra $$ and have someone else do it!

Jose Soriano
[email protected]
'91 Stealth RT/TT

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the party pal, take care of her and happy motoring.

The VR4 and Stealth Twin Turbo are, for the money the best exotic sports car value on the planet, bar none. The extras are too numerous to list. Let it suffice to say Consumer Reports called the Stealth RTTT a "Technological tour de force". Motor Trend: "Think of it as an affordable Ferrari 348." Road and Track: "The most outragious bod since the Lamborghini Countach", "it's accelleration earns the Dodge Stealth (RTTT) a place on the eliet registry of the worlds supercars." The Twin Turbo's are also one of the top ten fastest production cars in the world. Nuff said.

Jerry Scolamiero
1993 Firestorm Red Stealth RTTT
AKA: "The Red Terminator" http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/6637/1998_october_quickening_misc.htm

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jerry, our cars are identical. The only difference being the owner before put one ding in the front bumper and then backed into his boat hitch and dinged the back. Will be fixed first thing in the spring. I do have a question for you guys. Only had the car 2 days and just noticed that the the front tires are 235/45/17 while the rears are 255/45/17. I know with the AWD they are all supposed to be 245/45/17 and I have ordered a set that will be here tomorrow. Will this have screwed anything up? What should I do? Input would be appreciated.

thanks,
Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts