Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home on I110 last night, heading south. I see this car flying up in left lane, and he slows as he approches. Slides along side, and I realize its a new mustang (99+). Two guys, early to mid 20's. No GT badge? Sweeet :)

We weave through traffic (very safely mind you) and get ahead of the pack. It was late, around 12:30 or so. So now he's in the right lane, and I'm trying to pass the last car to line up next to him so we can hit it. Well, as usual, i get to his back bumper and he nails it. I just leave it in 5th, and put it on the floor. I watch him pull away. After he puts about 100ft or so between us, I try again. Come up on him ~10mph faster than him, when i hit his back bumper i creep up real slow, so he doesn't think I'm trying to jump him.

We line up again, and I throw a couple revs. He must have thought I was crazy, and that he'd just smoked me. Anyway, he drops it and takes off. I give him a little line, maybe a carlength, and then drop 3rd. I'm reeling him in almost instantly. By the time I put it in 4th I'm easing past him at a comfortable pace. Before I can get it into 5th, he's already off the pedal and falling back even further. I took it up to 120 or so and put a good 1/4 between us, just to make sure there were no "ricer flybys."

I still don't understand how I beat those things so easily. 190hp and they weight a lot less than I do. I've never raced from anything under 65mph or so, so maybe it'd be different from a stop. But this stang got his ass handed to him :)

.jon

[also fucked w/ some kid in a fake mustang gt the other night. It was like a 96, only one gt badge on the passenger side, and it said "MUSTANG" on the bumper. kept revvin on him, he wouldn't even look. EITHER TAKE OFF THE FUCKING GT BADGE OR RUN IT! that was one hell of a run on sentence, i know :)]

·
Jack Stand Driver
978 Posts
HEll yeah man!!...Fuck those mustangs!! its all about 3/S!!....good job man....Also I agree...dont put fake badges if you are not going to live up to it...well se ya man!
latez'

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
De-badging i can understand. but why the hell would you put fake badges on your car? if you like your car you won't do that. It just embarrasses the faster models. Oh well. It's like me putting a Twin turbo stick on my car. And then race a 2001 mustang GT. Yes it will beat me and then it will think that twin turbos are slow. When any stock TT will hand any stock stang its ass. Well except for rausch, saleen or cobra :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!.. Good job man.:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
All Vr4's are standard correct? No autos? Well a stupid fat girl at my college drives a newer "Vr4" that is auto. Either she got screwed, is a poser, or they make a VR4 I didnt know about. I would look under the hood...but im afraid if I talk to her shell eat me or something.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
LOL. Well she has class for driving a 3000GT but is very stupid thinking that a VR-4 would come in an AUTO. I think you should definatly streighten her out. And if she starts to argue just tell her " SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEFORE I RID THE WORLD OF GLAZED DONUTS " than watch her reaction. LOL, but to be serious and not make fun of them since they are people just like us you should definatly talk to her and try to make her allow you to check under the hood. Than here comes the important step, post it on the board. HEHE:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I could have sworn I saw a VR-4 auto once. I was a new one, 96-97 or so. That was while ago however. maybe I just remebered wrong.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I think you did remember wrong man. HEHE:D ..or maybe you just saw the fake VR-4 badge on an N/A. LOL:D

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
shade in the summer and warmth in the winter. i still wont go with a fat chick.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
91vr4n00maxima said:
shade in the summer and warmth in the winter. i still wont go with a fat chick.
LOL :D Yeah I dont think I would go with one either when it comes down to it. But the thing that gets me all rilled up is why the hell do they have to gain all that weight after marriage. I realize that they feel more relaxed now and all but stay thin for yourself not for me. Hehe :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can't believe you guys jacked my thread to talk about fat girls :D

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
I don't know if a stock TT will 'hand a mustang its ass'. They feel almost identical to me. I still have to run them both at the track. The Mustang is stored unfortuantely. I have its times though, so once I can run the stealth... Good race man.. Those V6 stangs are piss slow though. no doubt you could waste him from anywhere.

Mustang,

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mustangfanatic0 said:
I don't know if a stock TT will 'hand a mustang its ass'. They feel almost identical to me. I still have to run them both at the track. The Mustang is stored unfortuantely. I have its times though, so once I can run the stealth... Good race man.. Those V6 stangs are piss slow though. no doubt you could waste him from anywhere.

Mustang,
Heh, i'm always very careful to check for that GT badge. Wouldn't want to waste my time or theirs :)

I don't think it would hand a mustang its ass either. Not stock anyway. Should definatly be able to take one down the 1/4 tho. (13's vs 14's).

.jon

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
mustangfanatic0, what's your HP? i know the newer models have more HP. my mom has a 98 gt conv. and i noticed a BIG difference in power and the pulling factor. I think if i raced it i would easilly put 4 lengths on it by the end of second gear. Now my bro's 01 cobra... different story, from a stop id think id win, from a roll, he'd beat me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
There are no Auto VR-4's that I know of in this country . . . however you can have them specially imported from Japan. Japan has the automatic VR-4 but it would cost a lot to get it now. There were 7 executives in Japan that had their VR-4's specially built with ATX and there was a temporary production line of those for the rest of Japan. I believe it was 1994 to 1996. A friend of mine used to know an Importer/Exporter on the West Coast however his particular company never had any requests for ATX VR-4. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were maybe 3 or 4 in this country.
:cool: :cool: Just think , as sad and as pathetic as it sounds having an automatic VR-4 , there wouldn't be so many tranny problems to worry about when modding over 600 hp. I'm gonna shut up now before i get my ass kicked :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
jon3k said:
i can't believe you guys jacked my thread to talk about fat girls :D
Im sorry man but it was all NAUGHT TT's fault. That bastard. hehe. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts