Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for these for over a YEAR and have finally found a TRUE clear headlamp conversion kit for "Pop-Up" head lamp cars, these kits include everything need to convert our cars to an H4 type bulb system i.e.:
................Two (2) 4x6 inch housings with CLEAR GLASS lens (not the stock looking types)
................Two (2) H4 60/55 watt Xenon Fusion Bulbs
................Two (2) Harness's to convert from our style to an H4 bulb style
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PICTURE OF KIT BELOW<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Now these retail for $120 plus shipping but if I can get 10 or more people together I can get them for $95 shipped to the lower 48. for any questions please feel free to reach me below

and just to ease everyone's mind's here is my contact info

Email:
Phone:
and address avaible upon request

so lets get this going I would like to get these soon if you want in please email me with the heading

H4 Conversion for 3S's

any questions just email me thanks

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
4x6 inch or 6x9 inch?

all I have ever found on ebay is the 6x9 inch kit which DOES NOT fit our cars and DOES NOT include the harness necessary to install these bulbs , i bought the same kit and was not happy when I recieved it and found they were the wrong size

·
Registered
44 Posts
kit

Sounds good man ! I got a 93 base stealth. I want the clear headlights. IS it easy to install? If this is all good, put me down for a set. I Want some further information on them before i make that commitment though. PLus im a lil broke right now before xmas :)

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
easy as replacing a stock headlight

pretty much plug in play , you plug the new harness in and the headlights replace the old ones, if you can replace the headlight bulb you won't have any trouble and yes will work on all pop up headlight 3000's and stealth's

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey, if you can get 10 people, im in, but just outta curiosity, how easy is it to change the bulb if you ever had to. i mean, before i knew what kinda headlights we had, i tried to stick my hand inside the light mechanism, and it wasnt happening, so would we have to take out the entire lense anyway?

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
replace bulb

KCMC582 said:
hey, if you can get 10 people, im in, but just outta curiosity, how easy is it to change the bulb if you ever had to. i mean, before i knew what kinda headlights we had, i tried to stick my hand inside the light mechanism, and it wasnt happening, so would we have to take out the entire lense anyway?
sad to say yes you would have to remove these as you would your stock ones, but these bulb are said to last longer and are brighter then the stock ones

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm in if you get 10.. but i have a question.. if the light burns out. you just have to replace the bulb or the whole thing... sorry for the dumbass question...

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
questions are welcome

Jays93VR4 said:
I'm in if you get 10.. but i have a question.. if the light burns out. you just have to replace the bulb or the whole thing... sorry for the dumbass question...
no you just replace the bulb with another h4 buld

PLEASE everyone that is interested email me and I will complie a list here of people who are interested, thanks

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
what wattage is the stock bulb? I may be in.

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wattage

billvp said:
what wattage is the stock bulb? I may be in.
I would say these are aproxamte to the same wattage as stock but appear much brighter because of reflector and housing improvments over stock

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
We Have Five so far.....

here is the list so far

me: xwire / Robert Morgan
Jays93VR4
Matthew Saskin
chance mcclung
KCMC582

just need five more people, as I have said please email me if you want to be added to this list

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
sure did take you a while to find those, plenty of places sell replacement fixtures that accept h4 bulbs for our cars....

http://www.midnightmoose.com/housings.htm

isnt that basically the same thing at a much much cheaper price?

or is that what you're calling the difference between "stock looking" and clear? what's the difference really? if the lights are popped up, they're on, and if they're on, they're on and you cant really tell the difference between "stock looking" and clear....

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
major difference

actually there is a huge difference in brightness and looks personally I like the clear lens better, but hey that's just my opinion

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lots of emails

have a lot of people emailing me should have this group but together very soon, for the record I CAN do more then ten sets if more people are interested, please let me know

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Some confusion on my part

I'm confused. There are two group buys going for what appear to be the exact same stuff ??? Prices are close -- what's the differences that I need to know about ? I'm going to get in on ONE of these, but which one ?

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55459
This thread wants to use what brand for the groupbuy ?

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55145
This thread wants to use Autooptiks.

Will the groupbuy initiators please post some comparison info here ! (Might want to post on both threads.)

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Some confusion on my part

jamb53 said:
I'm confused. There are two group buys going for what appear to be the exact same stuff ??? Prices are close -- what's the differences that I need to know about ? I'm going to get in on ONE of these, but which one ?

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55459
This thread wants to use what brand for the groupbuy ?

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55145
This thread wants to use Autooptiks.

Will the groupbuy initiators please post some comparison info here ! (Might want to post on both threads.)
its all about the lens this group buy is for a set of clear non reflector lens as seen in the pic above, Autooptiks sells kits where the housings look like the stock ones, but both kits use h4 bulbs, and this kit also come with the harness to do the conversion, any other questions please email me thanks

·
STL3S President
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: We Have Five so far.....

xwire said:
here is the list so far

Jays93VR4
Matthew Saskin
chance mcclung
KCMC582

just need five more people, as I have said please email me if you want to be added to this list
now we have seven with still some undecideds

Jays93VR4
Matthew Saskin
chance mcclung
KCMC582
palamarap
Adriana Boehm

please keep them emails coming thanks

1 - 20 of 138 Posts