Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
May I suggest a different approach?
Post pics of the brackets and 99% chance we'll all be able to tell you what goes where.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May I suggest a different approach?
Post pics of the brackets and 99% chance we'll all be able to tell you what goes where.
I'll do my best...its a matter of the order of how things go on as well, I believe some brackets attach to other brackets or share the same bolt holes etc. Eg. Like does this bracket go on before the transmission or that other bracket etc.
Anyway I'll snap some pics. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
I'll do my best...its a matter of the order of how things go on as well, I believe some brackets attach to other brackets or share the same bolt holes etc. Eg. Like does this bracket go on before the transmission or that other bracket etc.
Anyway I'll snap some pics. Thanks!
You're right, some of those brackets do overlap and share holes. I'd check out stealth316.com too. Many good pics there for reference.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the 2 big ones are your engine to transmission stay brackets and the small triangle one goes on the back of the engine towards the rear turbo to hold the one of the turbos water lines with the sliding clamp that is on the line

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 2 big ones are your engine to transmission stay brackets and the small triangle one goes on the back of the engine towards the rear turbo to hold the one of the turbos water lines with the sliding clamp that is on the line
Roger that...thanks!
I will post more pics as things come up...or when I'm ready to drop it in there!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Something tells me those stay brackets share bolt holes with motor mount brackets.?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The big stamped steel brackets are the transmission stays, they bolt to the block and the trans, but I just throw them in the trash usually.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The big stamped steel brackets are the transmission stays, they bolt to the block and the trans, but I just throw them in the trash usually.
Was tempted to junk those boat anchors when I replaced turbos recently :suspect: But maybe the block needs the extra attachments for higher torque so kept them.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Was tempted to junk those boat anchors when I replaced turbos recently :suspect: But maybe the block needs the extra attachments for higher torque so kept them.
I’ve put together 1000hp+ 4g63’s that only have 3 m10 and 1 m8 bolt holding the trans on. Without the brackets the 3s still has 6 m12 bolts.

When you install some of the bigger turbo setups you have to chop them up or delete them anyway for fitment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts