Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Tell me more

Votes: 6 10.9%
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who don't know and didn't see part of the prototype shifter at the National Gathering we have been working in developing a short throw shifter kit with Fidanza over the past 9 months. It is now ready to be produced if the 3S community is interested in it.

Here is the skinny ;)

It is a complete short throw assembly.
Includes:
CNC Aluminum upper shift lever
Aluminum lower (u-shaped) shift lever
Metal bearing pivot ( as oposed to factory plastic bushing)
Custom screw on shift knob.

In order for me to get these produced requires an order for 100 assemblies :eek: , and cost at that volume is a selling price of $349 a set ( a bit pricey but it is top notch :cool: )

I had a prototype installed in my car for a while and it shifts like butter and is very well balanced and precise.

Just want to know if this is of interest to my other 3S members. What do you think?

Thanks for your opinions and answering the attached poll.

Steve

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm interested, but the price:eek:

Anyway, I'll end up getting one.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I voted definately would buy. Just show me where to sign:)

BTW: thanks for taking the time to test this out for a few months to get the bugs out before just dumping a new product on the community for US to work them out ourselves. This may go unmentioned often but trust me WE DO APPRECIATE IT!!

Couple of ?'s:
Any pics of it installed in the car?
Also it says "custom screw on shift knob" but will this still allow aftermarket shift knobs to be attached?

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price

I agree they are pricey, but I guess that is the cost for limited production run pieces.

I guess in support of the pricing they do include both shift lever and counterlever out of CNC billet aluminum- very time consuming and expensive to have made. They also include a custom leather shift knob which style has yet to be determined- ideas?

Now is our chance to get them if we want them, but I can't float over $30K myself to make it happen :(
:)

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
2 questions:

1. does it have stops?
2. do you have pics? :D

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Comments

Really appreciate the feedback so far- good and bad- keep it coming.

On the pictures of the assembly will be posting pictures of the original prototype unit tomorrow, and they do have stops
:)

On the exact shift knob it hasn't been determined yet. Would people rather use the factory or an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Might be in depending on the quility, weight, ect.. but more than likey I will go with the 3SX one. I would definately like to see some pics though!

Lethal
+++++++

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Re: Good Comments

SteveVR4 said:
On the exact shift knob it hasn't been determined yet. Would people rather use the factory or an aftermarket one?
I'd rather stick with the stocker, maybe that would drop the price some. Even so, $300 is too rich for my blood. I'm sure it's great and I appreciate the new product but I can't swing it right now :(

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You should tell them to put the stock size bolt and threads on top of the shifter. That way people could use their stock knobs, aftermarket shift knobs, and their "custom" could be made to fit the above threads one if so desired. Everybody Wins:)

(Actually my vote would be to have them not include the "custom" shift knob at all to hopefully save a few $ and let people use their stock or aftermarket ones.)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Steve,
Well I would get one, but I just spent over $600 in suspension parts from you :D You wouldn't want to cut me deal on a pair of adjustable rear control arms would ya?

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
As Jspec said, I rather buy C's. If price was in $200 range, I would consider but $350 is bit too much.

Can't you guys design and make some custom for under $200? That would be better I guess.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
SteveVR4 said:
For those who don't know and didn't see part of the prototype shifter at the National Gathering we have been working in developing a short throw shifter kit with Fidanza over the past 9 months. It is now ready to be produced if the 3S community is interested in it.

Here is the skinny ;)

It is a complete short throw assembly.
Includes:
CNC Aluminum upper shift lever
Aluminum lower (u-shaped) shift lever
Metal bearing pivot ( as oposed to factory plastic bushing)
Custom screw on shift knob.

In order for me to get these produced requires an order for 100 assemblies :eek: , and cost at that volume is a selling price of $349 a set ( a bit pricey but it is top notch :cool: )

I had a prototype installed in my car for a while and it shifts like butter and is very well balanced and precise.

Just want to know if this is of interest to my other 3S members. What do you think?

Thanks for your opinions and answering the attached poll.

Steve
No thanks... way too much when you have this available.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I hope Steve doesn't mind me reposting the pic, but this is what it looks like next to a stock shifter. If I'm not mistaken I think the C's just replaces the shift arm, where as the Fidanza also replaces the part that controls side to side throw.

Attachments

·
Want Some?
1,057 Posts
Hey guys...if you look at the above pics of C's compared to Fidanza's...there is a difference. Both work similarly, but look at the quality. Fidanza's looks like a factory Mitsubishi replacement. You'd have to spend more money for that quality. But, it comes down to what you can afford and what you prefer.

Steve, I like the shifter, but the price is high. I agree that the $200-250 range would be more reasonable. Oh, is there differences between the 5 speed and 6 speed shifter?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.