Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just installed the fidanza Flywheel and rps 3 into my car. I know where are not suppose to force the car, right? but I just took it up to .95 bar (14.2psi) and around 5700rpm the clutch let go and grabbed again...is this normal? is it due to the fact that the clutch is not broken in right yet? I really donnt feel much chatter just a bit. engagement is smooth. What you guys think? thanks in advance.

Best regards,

don :)

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I think you should take it easy and break it in right. RPS clutches seem to be tempermental if not broken in correctly.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
man, yhou cant be doing that!!! I'm not taking mine over 3500 for 1000miles and am launching at minimal rpms. you gotta break it in first. oh, I am boosting 6psi.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys...I just got this ride and don't know mcuh about it...thanks so much...I'll just boost 6psi llike all of you hehhee...I guess I'll run up to 1k miles as well. man! I hope no damage was done. thanks so much!

·
4,613 Posts
I am with matt I am only at 6psi and I will not bring the engine up over 3.5k probably not even up over 3k for the first 1000 miles though I will have a new motor to break in also... btw matt if you read this could you email me some pics of the tranny rebuild? particularly the pics of the synchros I am not sure what I am looking for now that I have the trans apart... and the synchros are on the output side right? so I dont need to take apart the input side?

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Brain, unfortunately my computer sucks and I cant load any pics. You are correct with the shafts thing. You only got to remove one bearing. You will probably not be able to see the syncros. They are inbetween the gear and the slider gears.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
You should be OK if you take it easy for 500 miles. My stage II has held up fine and I started beating on it by taking it to the track and running [email protected] right at 550 miles.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Brain, you can either press it off or torch it off.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
yeah, try the gear puller :D thats a good idea. The torch was a PITA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts