Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
dont underestimate yourself so bad... you just need a little drive.

but if you're only motivated enough to ask other people to do it, then you sort of have to go by their schedules, because while you may be excited, when you dont do it, you just have to hope someone else does it for you.

awesome. so i get stuck with all the wasted time of learning to fabricate. i guarantee i'm never going to do this for a living--so yes, it's a waste.
"learning to fabricate" is laying fiberglass. It's basic arts and crafts, doesnt take long at all. Ask any of the guys making subwoofer enclosures. You make it sound like it's brain surgery. It's not.

Do you seriously only ever do things that will be a business? You have no hobbies that you've ever learned because you are interested?

then, if i get it done, and it looks good; I STILL CAN'T OPEN A BUSINESS. i don't have time. so then someone else :stupid: decides, "hey, i can make a quick buck here...and this poor jackass has already done the market research for me!!!".
Market research? We already know people like this design, I've had it in the works for a while, people have photoshopped it for a loooong time. It's nothing new. But do you want a bumper, or a business? You can make your bumper... but who said you had to make it a business?

so even in the best case scenario, i get nothing but a 2nd-rate, self-made part that is now made better, cheaper, and FOR PROFIT by someone who could have just made me one in the first place. and i've STILL spent all that time, expense, etc, trying to build the skills necessary to even attempt something like this.

no thanks.
I still think you sell yourself short... you cant be that bad at it. you havent even tried. self fufilling prophecy!

at least there are still SOME independent fabricators on this board who still are open to ideas.
Oh, you mean like the venom bumper that someone came to me with, and I built it for them? cool, thanks. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
i wish i knew how to do my own custom fiberglass and stuff like that, it'd be fun.lol

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
i would def. be down for a bumper like that. that looks really good and much more interesting than our stock 2G bumpers.

our rear bumpers are awfully rounded out, it would be very cool to try and make a slightly more stark line with that rear bumper. and think of the possibilities with different looking tail lights, venturies, or spoilers. (i know that sounds really cliche and dumb, but I think the whole rear of the car could look really amazing with this bumper)

EDIT: dunno who's car this is, but I photoshopped a bit... added the ferrari bumper, blacked out the center section and added an HSX-style spoiler.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts