Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
2 of 3 in the US!
2,431 Posts
yeah i can quote some other posts if you'd like ;) Honestly though, if you take a peek under the rear bumper, we have a big ass gas tank under there, shifted a bit towards the passenger's side. this makes our cars ideal for a single exhaust on the drivers side..there is hardly any room on the passenger side. wider mufflers won't fit there. Mind you I am not talking about what would look the best, i am speaking in terms of practicality and what actually makes sense. if you want a bumper that utilizes a center exhaust, plan on removing that gas tank, or fabbing up some pos pipes that run around it...but not too close cuz it is your gas tank after all :rolleyes: and then you've hurt performance and ruined something that is simple and better in every way possible (except for maybe looks, cuz thats subjective) just my 2c, dont gotta get defensive about it pumpkin ;)
There is room for the exhaust to do a 90 instead of exiting out of the normal locations coming to the center and then another 90 and coming out of the rear :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
alright awesome. def. picking one of them up then. it should flow nice with the 99 front end. hopefully the mounting wont be as bad as the 3sx 99 tho. I def. had to get creative with that.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
is it safe to assume its going to be fiberglass and require 3000 tails and center garnish? Also will the bolt holes on the top and in the wheel wells going to be pre-drilled?

·
Registered
21 Posts
any ideas yet on pricing? If I can afford it I will go for one, can't make any promises though on that, tight on cash. I wish that there were some rear bumpers for the Stealth R/T, haven't seen any really. Would love to use this and set it up for the R/T tail lights.

·
Registered
763 Posts
NJ_Stealth_ES and Stealthkid934 you can use it with your R/T tail lights but it would need body work, it has been done before.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
cant be any worse prise wise than the 3sx 99. The novara(cant remember spelling) is cheaper. So is the s7 i believe.

Murcielago i have es tails not rt. They're coming off tho. Im going to be going with 3000 tails with the 99 garnish.

·
Colossus
1,324 Posts
hey deft. I might be wrong but , is that a ferrari style bumper on that grey 3000gt on you website. it has a 575 hood. If so Pm me plz.It might be just what i need to finish my designs for my custom steallth tt. thanx

·
Registered
272 Posts
i hope this thing comes aroud, cuz since i first saw the photoshop of it..i loved it..

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
all we need is a fiberglass insert in a 3kgt bumper that allows you to run r/t taillights (with the r/t harness). i've dreamed it up, i've taken photo's with r/t's on my 3kgt, i've asked about it, pestered people about it....and STILL no one seems to care to make this a reality.

either it's a conspiracy against r/t owners...and one to sell bumpers; or everyone making aftermarket body parts is deaf,dumb and blind.

i've said for 2 years that i've got $250 for the first person to make a set of these. no one listens. no one cares.

innovation is dead. you won't see anyone trying to make a bumper like this either:

yeah, it's a crappy mod to a 2nd gen stealth rear...but it would look SO much better this way. reverse lights moved, bumper smoothed out, diffuser colored differently (ok, the diffuser was already colored in this pic).

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
i've dreamed it up, i've taken photo's with r/t's on my 3kgt, i've asked about it, pestered people about it....

i've said for 2 years that i've got $250 for the first person to make a set of these. no one listens. no one cares.

innovation is dead. you won't see anyone trying to make a bumper like this either:
wow, it sounds like you've done everything but actually made it yourself.

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
go ahead, take jabs at me. i've been an idea man my entire life. i also learned back in gradeschool that it's better to get a job that makes you $$$, rather than trying to learn how to do everything yourself.

you'll get better results if you pay for the expertise of those who "do it for a living"...rather than trying to save a buck and do it yourself. time is money. and the time it takes to get good at something like fabrication--well that's time i don't have.

yeah. i guess the problem is that i don't have enough $$$ :rolleyes: after all, nelson is a total shitbag, and he STILL gets people to do his work for him.

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
awesome. so i get stuck with all the wasted time of learning to fabricate. i guarantee i'm never going to do this for a living--so yes, it's a waste.

then, if i get it done, and it looks good; I STILL CAN'T OPEN A BUSINESS. i don't have time. so then someone else :stupid: decides, "hey, i can make a quick buck here...and this poor jackass has already done the market research for me!!!".

so even in the best case scenario, i get nothing but a 2nd-rate, self-made part that is now made better, cheaper, and FOR PROFIT by someone who could have just made me one in the first place. and i've STILL spent all that time, expense, etc, trying to build the skills necessary to even attempt something like this.

no thanks.

at least there are still SOME independent fabricators on this board who still are open to ideas.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts