Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Congrats on the win.
Will be staying close to factory with my cars, but I admire and respect everything you have done with your car.
Definately one of my favourites.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,606 Posts
Thanks guys! Appreciate it. It's been a journey and a half but a ton of fun and learning.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,606 Posts
Thanks gents!

Congrats. I need to see this thing one day.

You are only an hour away;) Although it is in pieces at the moment for upgrades, powdercoat, etc. So waiting a month would be good. Then it's TnT at local 1/8 before TnT at Bowling Green 1/4 to break some more 6g hearts or break some 4g parts!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Congratulations.

I am curious what your build specs are. Primarily the smaller details: spark plug brand, spark plug material, spark plug gap, spark plug wires; any ignition amplifiers; any OEM ignition setups; injector’s high-z or low-impedance, injector brand cc size; using oem fuel injector resistor or using a fuel injector resistor pack bypass, oem ground wire or larger aftermarket ground wire, tire pressure at the drag strip, launch control devices something like a magnus launch control device and if it is on a timer or timed output off an ecu, etc…?

Congrats once again

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Congratulations.

I am curious what your build specs are. Primarily the smaller details: spark plug brand, spark plug material, spark plug gap, spark plug wires; any ignition amplifiers; any OEM ignition setups; injector’s high-z or low-impedance, injector brand cc size; using oem fuel injector resistor or using a fuel injector resistor pack bypass, oem ground wire or larger aftermarket ground wire, tire pressure at the drag strip, launch control devices something like a magnus launch control device and if it is on a timer or timed output off an ecu, etc…?

Congrats once again
You are aware his car is a 4 cylinder automatic?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,606 Posts
Yeah, number one detail mod....4Gswap it;)

NGK non projected plugs. .020"
Stock DSM coils. HKS DLI. NGK wires.
Up to 42psi on the street so far.

Currently one set of 2150 high z injectors. Adding a second set of 1650 high z. Of course, resistor bypass.

Yes, A couple additional ground wires. Lol.

Lots of testing on my launch. And finely tuned AEM settings to get where it is to have the second quickest 60ft on the top 10, one of the heaviest cars and haven't broken a tcase (yet).

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,606 Posts
3300lbs.
2150's, twin walbro 450's.
Forced Performance Super99 turbo. ERL cast exhaust manifold (new mani should flow much better at that power level.)
Forrester Cast intake manifold (new one should pick up a little mid-range and probably the same up top. Maybe a little better.)
Auto trans of course. Upgraded by me. (Hope to install the front lsd insert I bought this year, and maybe scratch the coin together for a billet clutch basket)
100shot to get on the converter. (plan to test spraying down the track)

AEM v2. My 4Gswap "pro tune" lol

·
LS3S
2,184 Posts
Very cool. Such a simple recipe for power with those things. Internals, fuel, intake mani, turbo, trans....in the 9's.

What are your goals for the new setup?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,606 Posts
What are your goals for the new setup?
Quicker. :)

Turbo is the same. Mostly just adding more fuel and trying to find some weight reduction that doesn't change the street/strip nature and look of the car.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,175 Posts
3300lbs.
2150's, twin walbro 450's.
Forced Performance Super99 turbo. ERL cast exhaust manifold (new mani should flow much better at that power level.)
Forrester Cast intake manifold (new one should pick up a little mid-range and probably the same up top. Maybe a little better.)
Auto trans of course. Upgraded by me. (Hope to install the front lsd insert I bought this year, and maybe scratch the coin together for a billet clutch basket)
100shot to get on the converter. (plan to test spraying down the track)

AEM v2. My 4Gswap "pro tune" lol
Congratulations on your February 2017 ROTM win!

Your 3si thread "4G Swap" presently covers 166 pages, 1,660 posts and has 97,620 views. Sir, you and the work and results of your car has certainly created much interest in the 3si Forum, the other site and Facebook.

Outstanding!

Marshall

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,606 Posts
Thanks Marshall! Although those 1660 posts may be mostly me. Lol.

·
Down and Out
220 Posts
Finally some appreciation for one of the most iconic 3S car to date.

Congrats! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts