Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As recommended from another member, I am cut & pasting this post from one of his threads that explains my experience with him. Hopefully he gets his act together & others won't have the same issues.

21 hours ago · #17
Fawnzee92 said:
Original Post
The sel issue was something due to him asking repeatedly for 25$ as he "overpaid for shipping" even though I told him a set price, which if I can find shipping for cheaper or more expensive, doesn't matter, as it was an agreed upon price. Walmart doesn't charge more or less depending on where you are, just a set price that has margins for the current market.

I repeatedly asked for a refund because it was what we agreed upon. You sold me bumper for $115 plus shipping & a carpet for $100 shipped. Then you got back to me with a qoute of $150 shipping for the bumper with FedEx. I paid you $365 right away. You advised me that Fedex wasn't going to work out & I recommended Greyhound & it came out to $104.95. You said it cost you $20 in packaging materials & we agreed on a $25 refund. It took you weeks to ship because of different excuses, then you didn't have enough money available & against my better judgement I obliged to release the PayPal funds to you early as you requested. Greyhound lost the package (no fault of yours) & took over a month to deliver. It packaged poorly with a thin layer of bubble wrap & tape that was hanging off when received plus you stuffed the carpet inside the bumper. The corners of the bumper were damaged & I really didn't even give you a hard time about it. I did send you pictures & advised you to pay more attention on you future shipments. You accused me of blackmail & extortion when I advised you that ignoring my messages would only lead to me reporting you & advising the 3si community of how you do business. I paid for these items on September 8th, picked up shipment on November 18th, & finally received the money that we agreed you would refund me now (when I decided that enough was enough & started posting in your for sale threads). Shame on me for not sharing this sooner & I truly am sorry to anyone that has had an unpleasant experience that I might have helped if I posted this information when I should have. I really was trying to take your age into consideration & give you the benefit of the doubt. This how you repay me for being a nice guy through all of this, you attempt to make me look bad while trying to explain how you screwed up...unbelievable. PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN PURCHASING FROM THIS SELLER!!!

·
Z16-Abuser
1,235 Posts
As recommended from another member, I am cut & pasting this post from one of his threads that explains my experience with him. Hopefully he gets his act together & others won't have the same issues.

21 hours ago · #17
Fawnzee92 said:
Original Post
The sel issue was something due to him asking repeatedly for 25$ as he "overpaid for shipping" even though I told him a set price, which if I can find shipping for cheaper or more expensive, doesn't matter, as it was an agreed upon price. Walmart doesn't charge more or less depending on where you are, just a set price that has margins for the current market.

I repeatedly asked for a refund because it was what we agreed upon. You sold me bumper for $115 plus shipping & a carpet for $100 shipped. Then you got back to me with a qoute of $150 shipping for the bumper with FedEx. I paid you $365 right away. You advised me that Fedex wasn't going to work out & I recommended Greyhound & it came out to $104.95. You said it cost you $20 in packaging materials & we agreed on a $25 refund. It took you weeks to ship because of different excuses, then you didn't have enough money available & against my better judgement I obliged to release the PayPal funds to you early as you requested. Greyhound lost the package (no fault of yours) & took over a month to deliver. It packaged poorly with a thin layer of bubble wrap & tape that was hanging off when received plus you stuffed the carpet inside the bumper. The corners of the bumper were damaged & I really didn't even give you a hard time about it. I did send you pictures & advised you to pay more attention on you future shipments. You accused me of blackmail & extortion when I advised you that ignoring my messages would only lead to me reporting you & advising the 3si community of how you do business. I paid for these items on September 8th, picked up shipment on November 18th, & finally received the money that we agreed you would refund me now (when I decided that enough was enough & started posting in your for sale threads). Shame on me for not sharing this sooner & I truly am sorry to anyone that has had an unpleasant experience that I might have helped if I posted this information when I should have. I really was trying to take your age into consideration & give you the benefit of the doubt. This how you repay me for being a nice guy through all of this, you attempt to make me look bad while trying to explain how you screwed up...unbelievable. PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN PURCHASING FROM THIS SELLER!!!
wow......I feel like this has been a constant on 3si over the years with sellers that "seem" to constantly bump their threads keeping at top of the lists. by the way thanks for posting this.

Edit: overzealous sellers. that's the term I was searching for. always seem to be a problem eventually. Not badmouthing the individual specifically, just the rather seemingly typical nature of this situation.

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
I can say that shipping a bumper sucks having shipped one recently. Thankfully the one I shipped arrived in good time and undamaged, but it took a long while for me to get a box for it to fit in and to pack it up to be secure. As far as the shipping COST goes, I've over paid for shipping many times. I just stopped caring about it because it seems shipping rates are very different frequently. When I give a shipping quote, I quote the maximum I think it will be. Some times it's made me $10, some times it's cost me $20 because I didn't guess high enough.. Shit happens.

As far as the seller goes, I don't have any personal experience. Hopefully his stuff gets sorted though.

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
know thy limits

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I ship bumpers,, several over the last couple months, it is time consuming to get one ready properly but,, I over pack them to try to protect them. If someone isn't prepared to to the work to ship one out in a reasonable amount of time, they shouldn't be selling them.
People should be honest with their time frame to get one out.(Not that I've had a problem with this seller, but I did wait WEEKS for one to get out to me recently)
I usually am upfront and tell the buyers that I will drop it off on this date, and forward the tracking info. as soon as I do. Which is how it should be done.
Greyhound is an inexpensive way to ship large items, like bumpers, dash, ground effect, etc. but they do experience delays due to space available on the buses.
We all do need to remember to leave honest feedback (which I am also guilty of forgetting to do).

·
Selling parts
105 Posts
Just adding here:

I made a post to buy VR4 parts on Feb 14. Fawnzee reached out to me with some parts I was looking for. After back and forth via text, we agreed on a price. Pictures were sent to confirm part condition. He did not reply for 3 weeks until today, when I started posting on some of his threads.

Now he sent a text (within the last 15 minutes) quoting:

"Hey, I apologize for the late response, thought I sent a message via 3si but my pm box has been full. I've got the money to ship your items, and intend to do on monday. I'm not sure why you wouldn't try to contact me via 3si before, but its whatever".

That's funny, as you said your inbox was full. I could not get in touch via 3si (I tried). I had sent two text messages with no reply.

Fri Feb 24: 10:45AM
"Hey just checking on those items. Thanks"

Tue Feb 28 9:31AM
"Hey Scott it's been two weeks now no update. Please either send the parts out soon or refund my money"

Mind you, the parts were immediately paid for on February 15th.

Today I made a few posts on his selling ads warning potential buyers. Miraculously, I received the first text message since Tuesday.

I reply:
"I did but your inbox was full and you hadn't replied to my last two text messages. I appreciate the reply, please keep me updated..."

Now, he asks:
"Can do, would appreciate the spam posts edited/removed and condensed into a seller rating if you would, as it has the same effect but doesn't bring the whole mod community after me. If I don't ship, then feel free to let loose"

Are you kidding me?

My last reply was:
"I'll wait until I get the parts, thanks. When I do then I'll adjust my comments accordingly"

He held my cash in limbo for 3 weeks. How do you not have the cash to ship? I sent $400 three weeks ago!

Most frustrating part is that during the time he held onto my cash, he made a post on instagram "Happy valentines day to this big bitch, she takes all my money but I still love her ;)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQhTqyFj5bL/?taken-by=that3kkid

Be warned, if you do get your parts (we have yet to see) you will deal with an extreme headache. I will update as it goes...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
3 weeks and still hasn't shipped! If you weren't told before you sent the payment that he wouldn't be able to ship for weeks,, than that is 100% unacceptable.
Thanks for the warning,, definitely someone I wont deal with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have also had some bad dealings with this user. I'm in the uk we agreed on a price shipped on some cams.

He got quotes for the shipping, I agreed and paypal him the money. Tells me he will ship ASAP.
10 days after me purchasing them and asking him if he had shipped them I finally get a reply.
"Hey, I'm so sorry, my card was declined when I tried to ship, and when I tried again the next day, figured out it was because my card had been compromised, so usaa closed the card and locked my account. They told me a new card would be sent within 2-3 business days"

6 days later I get "Hey, so sorry, managed to get my finger caught in the fan pulley of my 79 volvo a few days ago, but I'll ship it today"

A week later he tells me the shipping price has changed and is more even tho me and him had both got quotes online and agreed the price. Then tells me he will refund the money, then tells me he's getting more shipping quotes. This has been ongoing for 3 weeks

I've raised a dispute with paypal and will let them sort it.

Avoid at all cost! To be fair should they even be allowed to sell on here?

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
I think at this point, it is enough people having issues with the seller for a mod/admin to get involved and pull his ability to sell. I sent April a message, hopefully you all get your stuff sorted but he shouldn't be allowed to sell here until everything is sorted in my opinion. 3 people with issues at the same time isn't acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Verified Seller Status has been revoked. If you have pending transaction with him, either you can wait or file a PayPal dispute now. If you file a dispute or claim, DO NOT close it until you have received your item or a refund. Once you close a dispute, you cannot reopen it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm waiting for 94 headlights from said member.
The claim is that they will ship tomorrow.(after paying almost two weeks ago)
I figured if I didn't see anything the end of this coming week, I would open a dispute with paypal - which is what I PM.ed

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
Verified Seller Status has been revoked. If you have pending transaction with him, either you can wait or file a PayPal dispute now. If you file a dispute or claim, DO NOT close it until you have received your item or a refund. Once you close a dispute, you cannot reopen it.
Are his sale posts locked? He has several.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I left a negative review for Fawnzee92 after he shipped me the wrong ECU. He contacted me directly and said had a 9965 and a 9966. I wanted the 9965 which was in his car and he said he had to pull it. I paid promptly via Paypal. I finally get him to ship it 2 weeks later after making some excuses. When it shows up, it is the wrong one - the 9966. He then ignored all PMs I sent him thereafter.

I would encourage anybody that had either an extreme positive or negative experience with a user when buying an item here to leave a review for them. That feedback score appears on every post they make. This would be helpful if he ever sells on here again. He can still PM people and try to sell items directly.

Link to leave feedback:
Fawnzee92's feedback URL

·
Turbo Dreaming
278 Posts
Hm... My only three choices: O'reilly, 3sx, eBay motors. I'll refrain from making transactions on 3si, thanks for posting.

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
Hm... My only three choices: O'reilly, 3sx, eBay motors. I'll refrain from making transactions on 3si, thanks for posting.
Don't let one bad seller turn you away from buying on 3si. There are several excellent sellers here that I'll never hesitate to buy from.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I left a negative review for Fawnzee92 after he shipped me the wrong ECU. He contacted me directly and said had a 9965 and a 9966. I wanted the 9965 which was in his car and he said he had to pull it. I paid promptly via Paypal. I finally get him to ship it 2 weeks later after making some excuses. When it shows up, it is the wrong one - the 9966. He then ignored all PMs I sent him thereafter.

I would encourage anybody that had either an extreme positive or negative experience with a user when buying an item here to leave a review for them. That feedback score appears on every post they make. This would be helpful if he ever sells on here again. He can still PM people and try to sell items directly.

Link to leave feedback:
Fawnzee92's feedback URL
Not commenting on anyones behavior, but as to your current problem... He unknowingly did you a favor... Run the 9966 and be happy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts