Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Now with 100% more meth
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is slightly off topic and i dont know much about eclipse's. my new g/f has an 03 eclipse GST, i think its a gst anyway. She said that they dont make turbo or awd anymore and the gsx is gone. But someone else also told me they make a GSTi now? But you have to special order it?

Anyway i was pretty dissapointed with her car cause my SOHC is faster and prolly heavier.

·
Registered
1994 3000GT VR4 - 1999 Lexus SC400
770 Posts
There is an eclipse GT that has a 3.0 v6 that i believe is sohc and has 200hp, and then theres a GTS with a 3.0 v6 that i think is dohc and has 210hp

edit: theyre both sohc, the gts just has 10 more horsepower

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
sublime_whatigo said:
what year did they stop making the awd eclipse's? what were they called GSX?

RS/GS = non-turbo FWD
GS-T = turbo FWD (same as Talon TSi)
GSX = turbo AWD (same as Talon TSi AWD)

~matt

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
are thoes new GTS eclipses run with a n/a car?

·
Registered
116 Posts
the 2000 and up eclipses actually have 3 versions

RS-baseline no options 2.4 ltr 4cyl w/155hp
GS-more looks still no more go 2.4 ltr 155 hp
GT-top model 3.0 sohc 3.0 w 210 hp

The gt will run a 15.1 at 93 mph stock.Not extremely fast but not that slow either a sohc stealth would be hard pressed to beat it.

·
Now with 100% more meth
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BadAzzTT said:

The gt will run a 15.1 at 93 mph stock.Not extremely fast but not that slow either a sohc stealth would be hard pressed to beat it.
wtf thats weird, like i said before(didnt know the model name) hers is the 3.0. And my SOHC 3000gt is a lil bit faster. mines an automatic and hers is the autostick.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's why her car is slow.The auto stick or sportronic trans as some people call them might be fun to drive but they are slow as hell.The auto version of the eclipse 3.0 runs as bad as 17's in the quarter,the stick version is much faster.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
BadAzzTT said:
That's why her car is slow.The auto stick or sportronic trans as some people call them might be fun to drive but they are slow as hell.The auto version of the eclipse 3.0 runs as bad as 17's in the quarter,the stick version is much faster.
yup...either way...they're still just a stratus with a different body ;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
BadAzzTT said:

here is info from autotrader.com
The 2003 Eclipse Coupe is now available with all-new GTS model in addition to RS, GS, and GT models. The GTS is powered by a 210 horsepower engine compared with the GT's 200 horsepower engine. GT and GTS models now feature redesigned integrated fog lights, a revised front bumper, and newly designed alloy wheels for all models. The leather interior is optional on the GT and standard on the GTS, and new steering wheel audio controls are available with the Sun and Sound Package and standard on the GTS. A six-way power driver's seat, security alarm system, dual front side airbags, and 210-watt Mitsubishi/Infinity Stereo with an in-dash CD changer are standard on the GTS. New exterior colors for 2003 include Ultra Red and Steel Blue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I geuss they split the high end model into 2 different ones.My dad has an 01 gt and leather and all that other stuff was standard even the upgraded 17 inch wheels.And according to the mitsu manual the car is rated at 210.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was under the impresion that the new eclipses had a 6G72 under the hood.......i think. My sister has one, and the motor itself defiantly resembles a SOHC 3/S. If so, it would be quite a screamer if the TT goodies from a VR-4 were bolted on....
just my 0.02

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yeah a top of the line 3g eclipse will hand most sohc cars their ass. It still had 24 valves and 3.0 liters. There was a car here with intake and exhuast running 15 flat. Were at 3600 and ls1's run 14's here.

Can anyone correct times for sealevel?

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
it is a 6G72. it is a SOHC 24 valve. a 5 speed V6 is comparable to a 5 speed DOHC NA car.

the 6G72 has been found in many cars....including forklifts and chrysler minivans.

·
-
6,794 Posts
georgegitchel said:
I was under the impresion that the new eclipses had a 6G72 under the hood.......i think. My sister has one, and the motor itself defiantly resembles a SOHC 3/S. If so, it would be quite a screamer if the TT goodies from a VR-4 were bolted on....
just my 0.02
The new V6 Eclipses use an engine that is very similar to ours, but a little different. First off, it is mounted opposite to our engines. This means none of the exhaust manifolds, turbos, etc will bolt up. The tranny is different too because its on the opposite side. Second, all versions of the new engine are 24 valve SOHC. Our engines are either 12 valve SOHC or 24 valve DOHC. I believe it is the same engine that is in the new Dodge Stratus and the new Hyundai Tiburon.

·
Registered
358 Posts
TajMan_17 said:

The new V6 Eclipses use an engine that is very similar to ours, but a little different. First off, it is mounted opposite to our engines. This means none of the exhaust manifolds, turbos, etc will bolt up. The tranny is different too because its on the opposite side. Second, all versions of the new engine are 24 valve SOHC. Our engines are either 12 valve SOHC or 24 valve DOHC. I believe it is the same engine that is in the new Dodge Stratus and the new Hyundai Tiburon.
Correct!! My Stratus R/T has the same characteristics(performance-wise) as the 93 3000GT SL I used to have before the VR4. My opinion is the SL was a touch faster than the Stratus at the top end but these cars run damn near the same. With just an intake, I managed a [email protected] during the summer..

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
the Hyundai Tiburon does not have the same engine as the new eclipse

1 - 20 of 24 Posts