Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Paul, I don’t think you get it. Yes people knew it was about me…. It was literally brought to my attention that this thread was made about me. I didn’t find this…. I was told by someone. All I was saying is that your comments weren’t needed and neither was this post.

Also, I am not making fun of you, that’s lame. You just said things I thought were disrespectful and I spoke on it. Never was I trying to make fun of you. As I said I’m willing to put this behind us and just drop it… anyways I hope u have a good day.
You really aren't the brightest are you. Someone who is part of that fb group who saw or comments and is part of this forum is the only person that knew and informed you but still no names were mentioned until you decided to introduce yourself to all 599 people who have viewed this post on the forum. 🤣🤣🤣

So it was disrespectful for me to say I thought it would be more cool if it didn't bounce so much and the wheels didn't wobble? Does it bounce and the wheels wobble? Yes. LoL

God this is funny but it's gone from being some harness fun to sort of pathetic. I'm starting to feel guilty for arguing with someone who possibly has a learning disability or is just I'll equipped to think logically.

I think I'm done. It's getting boring repeating myself. I feel like I'm having to explain it to a 4yr old.

4000+ post and my first bit of drama on the forum thanks to Facebook. I shouldn't be surprised. LoL

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I didnt read to the end of your post. my bad.

yes good idea to let it end

Reactions: Argonian

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,689 Posts
What I posted before I read the whole thread:
I belong to a bunch of the FB 3S groups because there is so much more traffic than here. Yes, there's a lot of bad information, criticism, and pissing contests. You just have to get to know who the really experienced and helpful people are, pay attention to the information they provide, and ignore all the other BS.

After reading: LMAO Wow! Maybe an admin will delete this thread. Or we can add a subforum "Facebook Crap" for threads like this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I get that 100% You have to go where the money is if you want to have a successful business. I should not not really be surprised I guess I was just expecting more because its 3S but again its FB so who knows how many actually own a 3S or are wanting to learn/help in any way. :(
Chris, FB may have more numbers, driving God knows what. I would market "the markets" because you have a concentrated group which "are the users" and your market, best...

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm a member of three that don't seem like a waste of time. The owner photos are pretty good too.
3000GT / Stealth / GTO - 3sgto.org
GTO/3000gt/Stealth owners club
Dodge Stealth R/T TT’s And Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4's

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,689 Posts
Yes, you can learn new things from Facebook. I won't argue that it's extremely inefficient, meaning you have to skip over a ton of crap and nonsense versus the amount of stuff that is useful.

For example:
Someone recently posted a picture of a screw in the tread area of a tire and asked why a Service Center refused to plug or patch the tire. The Service Center (or someone that responded in the post) said it was illegal to repair a hole that was in an outer section of the tread. I don't know about the legality, but apparently it is an industry recommendation or standard, that holes can only be repaired if smaller than 1/4" diameter and in the center area of the tread as shown below. This was news to me, I thought anywhere in the tread area was ok.

Where I got the pic from:
Tire Industry Association

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Yes, you can learn new things from Facebook. I won't argue that it's extremely inefficient, meaning you have to skip over a ton of crap and nonsense versus the amount of stuff that is useful.

For example:
Someone recently posted a picture of a screw in the tread area of a tire and asked why a Service Center refused to plug or patch the tire. The Service Center (or someone that responded in the post) said it was illegal to repair a hole that was in an outer section of the tread. I don't know about the legality, but apparently it is an industry recommendation or standard, that holes can only be repaired if smaller than 1/4" diameter and in the center area of the tread as shown below. This was news to me, I thought anywhere in the tread area was ok.
To me even that sounds like it should or could have been a fun discussion but the problem it seems is with a lot of Facebook groups someone will end up taking it as a personal attack And then everything goes sideways.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,003 Posts
damn i'm late to the party. FB is dumb (but great for finding and organizing events). 3si is dead (this post is the most action in awhile). and both of you are silly. :D

Reactions: Paul H.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
476 Posts

For example:

View attachment 299156

This is not illegal to repair it right at the edge of the flattest inner liner part in side tire before it gets to the roll or curve of the sidewall itself....the angle of puncture will also apply to this took much of an angle will damage tires belt (structural damage) reason for this is because the patch plug or plug then patch style most shops are using now will only adhere to a flatter surface then to the rolling starting edge of the sidewall (while tire is rolling down the road ...excessive heat is mostly transferred right at the rolled edge of tire causing patch to fail) especially if tire isnt inflated properly .... but you can always gummy plug it at the house and get away with it for a couple years ...

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Reactions: Chang oil

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
K
damn i'm late to the party. FB is dumb (but great for finding and organizing events). 3si is dead (this post is the most action in awhile). and both of you are silly. :D
I disagree with 3SI being dead. 90% of Google search brings you back here and this is the place to find any real fix it type information.
FB there is no organization to replies.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,003 Posts
K

I disagree with 3SI being dead. 90% of Google search brings you back here and this is the place to find any real fix it type information.
FB there is jo organization to replies.
but how many FB guys search google? The answer is almost zero based on what I see in 3S, DSM, and many LS groups I'm in....so not exclusive to 3Sers. (they don't search the groups they are in also.) It is what it is. The good ole days of forums being the hot bed of new info, shit talking, new dynos, record breaking ET runs, etc,,,,,,,,is over.

Definitely great archive of info. I still use them to search. (3si, dsmtuners, ls1tech, yellowbullet etc)

I send 3S people here all the time when they DM me on FB with questions because people think I'm their personal google. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Chang oil

·
Registered
44 Posts
but how many FB guys search google? The answer is almost zero based on what I see in 3S, DSM, and many LS groups I'm in....so not exclusive to 3Sers. (they don't search the groups they are in also.) It is what it is. The good ole days of forums being the hot bed of new info, shit talking, new dynos, record breaking ET runs, etc,,,,,,,,is over.

Definitely great archive of info. I still use them to search. (3si, dsmtuners, ls1tech, yellowbullet etc)

I send 3S people here all the time when they DM me on FB with questions because people think I'm their personal google. :rolleyes:
70% of fb guys, we call those guys "spoonfed". As in people too lazy to search, read or learn anything. They demand an answer and want it given to them instantly like a toddler. And heaven forbid if you don't give them the exact thing they want to hear. (The Jeep crowd is far worse then a majority of the guys on the 3S groups.)

"Hey, my tire has a large gash in the sidewall, how do I fix it?" "Get a new tire" "That costs money and I want it fixed for cheap and fast." "Just buy a new tire." "OMG what is wrong with you? That's not what I asked, Do you have any helpful advice or not?!"

Yeah, they're THAT retarded.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
476 Posts
Well millennials have cell phones it's on all the time god forbid its goes dead .... they drag themselves thru the mud just to hear someone tell them "hey have you google search it" then its go off of the first thing they read instead of extensively searching for all the issues leading up to the problem.... then it's right back playing in the mud if that one little problem isn't fixed
With that one little thread that didn't fix it

( "Well did you find any other issues pertaining to the problem in your search" )

And the circus continues........
This newer generation should be smart as hell for the amount of time spent on any given device.... (school tablets etc.... )

I don't get It ..... lol

(Scratch my head)

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
476 Posts
Out of curiosity, how old are you? I assumed you were only a young'un, but hearing you talk about 'kids these days' is making me wonder.

This thread makes me feel old af.
I'm only 39 years old
I have a 20year old and a 16year old both boys
That I have lost to social media and bad influencers
No such thing as a good mentors anymore all followers like lost little puppies
Lazy as s*** they are .....
Can't stay on them enough to redirect them like talking to your favorite rock (hard headed)

61 - 80 of 102 Posts