Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
but how many FB guys search google? The answer is almost zero based on what I see in 3S, DSM, and many LS groups I'm in....so not exclusive to 3Sers. (they don't search the groups they are in also.) It is what it is. The good ole days of forums being the hot bed of new info, shit talking, new dynos, record breaking ET runs, etc,,,,,,,,is over.

Definitely great archive of info. I still use them to search. (3si, dsmtuners, ls1tech, yellowbullet etc)

I send 3S people here all the time when they DM me on FB with questions because people think I'm their personal google. :rolleyes:
70% of fb guys, we call those guys "spoonfed". As in people too lazy to search, read or learn anything. They demand an answer and want it given to them instantly like a toddler. And heaven forbid if you don't give them the exact thing they want to hear. (The Jeep crowd is far worse then a majority of the guys on the 3S groups.)

"Hey, my tire has a large gash in the sidewall, how do I fix it?" "Get a new tire" "That costs money and I want it fixed for cheap and fast." "Just buy a new tire." "OMG what is wrong with you? That's not what I asked, Do you have any helpful advice or not?!"

Yeah, they're THAT retarded.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I was born in 1982 and also considered a millennial
All in how you were raised and the people who you choose to be around you ...
When I was in my teens I spent more time around elderly people ranging from 50 to 80 years old age they're conversations were more interesting and funny at times
They're knowledge and wisdom was like fast forwarding thru time to the present day
You could over time weed out the BS that was said to ya by others if you always paid attention to things going on around ya and not being so gullible
We all experience what I like to say
A come to jesus or the wake up call per say
Tried with my sons... to raise them best I could
One doesn't even know how to use a screw driver .... told me that he will make enough money to have other people fix it for him
Can't push but so hard .... can't smash that pride very sensitive to criticism and defiant when disciplined
but sometimes you can only do so much
Before pushing them away completely
If they wanna learn the hard way
All you can do then is let the rope go
1980 here with a 17yr old intent on putting me in a mental institution.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Priority #
1.... drugs
2 more drugs
3 think this will be bad A**...
4 alcohol
5 wake up from 14 hr nap
6 S*** i just got fired!! ...... "Mom.... Dad ... can I barrow.... 20 $'s..... I need some GAS!!... "
7 ((( " methodical laugh " !!! )))
8 (repeat)
I see you've been talking to my kid again...Just kidding, but my kid is still an azzhole. (Gets that from his mom.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
We all like to give the next gen a hard time but it all depends on the person and upbringing.

When I was in my 20s I worked with a bunch of old times and kids my age in plaster and plastics (plaster, fiberglass, graphite and metal) tooling/fabrication.

I was told the older guys would not share their secrets or teach us younger guys anything. I found it just the opposite and was told by them it was because I didn't act like I knew everything and was willing to listen. :) of forse then I was called a suck up by my peers. LoL
"For every boomer that hates a millennial, and every millennial that hates a boomer...just remember, that there's a generation in the middle that hates both of you." Ha!

Technically, we are the "Lost/In-between Generation" We don't really fit in 100% with either generation because we have the work ethic and values of the older generation, but also created all the technology used by the newer generations.

Oh, and sorry we gave the world Limp Bizkit (or insert any early 90's "abortion" music group here) and didn't neuter Billy Ray Cyrus before it was too late.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Miley is a gift that keeps on giving, sort of like Brittney Spears. You have to wonder what happened to her in her preteen years because you don't flip the switch from Disney to over sexualized punk on your 18th birthday.
Hell, I'd take Brittney ANY day over Miley, even though both are bat shat crazy.

I mean, Miley licks a hammer and everyone calls it "art". I do it and I'm called a drunk and asked to leave Home Depot... Double Standards I tell ya...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.