Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do many of you also belong to FaceBook 3S groups? I joined one a couple of weeks ago and have to say its nothing like the forum. So far about 50% of the people are just whinny little kids who are most interested in bragging about some ricer than helping or promoting the 3S in any way. They seem to get their feelings hurt easily if you dont give them their participation trophy each time they make a post. lol

I know there are some of our members who are vendors and they seem to stay out of all the post for obvious reason and only advertise there. I dont think I am going to stay much longer unless its just to play with the kids and disturb their sandbox once in a while. ;)

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,197 Posts
lol! That is a pretty fair and well-stated assessment 👏😆 this comes up in conversation every now and then with other 3S owners in my circle.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

Reactions: Paul H.

·
BC3S
'95 RT/TT
808 Posts
also don't have FB, wish those vendors & people sellling parts would come on here instead of being exclusive on FB, such bullsh.

·
Verified ***** Member
424 Posts
I joined a local 3s group for a little bit. It seemed mostly to be a bunch of kids who were still learning the ins and outs of cars. There also seemed to be a lot of whining and stupid crap, so I left it pretty quick.

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it seems my assessment is not wrong so far. lol I was wondering if I might just be getting old (Yeah I know Im old) and it was just me.

I had some kid get all bent our of shape and some of his buddies from his circle jerk because he posted an animation of a 3S and I commented it was cooler if it wasnt so bouncy looking and the wheels didnt camber in ever 2 seconds. He made sure to let me know he was "Sort of known" on the 3S community. He mean on the FB page. lol He kept saying he never heard of me and I just say good because Ive never heard of him either but I wasnt the one trying to claim fame or had a crushed ego.

He kept trying to say I probably don't even have a 3S so I just told him he can call WiseCo and ask about the custom designed pistons for our cars under my name. :p

He tried to say he could delete my messages because it was HIS facebook page. lol No he isnt an admin and its not his FB group. It was only his post and the only way to remove any of my post is to remove his original post or block me but then only he wont see it. lol Kid doesn't have a clue how things work.

It is pretty funny the delicate egos on FakeBook.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, there is a lot of fragile egos and drama on FB, and they will absolutely roast you if you ask a question that can answered if you searched online. But there are many parts posted for sale, many very creative ideas that people post up what they have done, and services that are offered that can only be found on FB. I'm a member of 9 groups, and I find it very easy to bypass the trash, and find the substance, so join up. And if you find a person being bullied, DM them to join this forum.

·
Verified ***** Member
424 Posts
I'm sure there is a lot of info on the group's, but I found it really difficult to search through. I assume it's just how FB is set up, as others always seem to have that problem as well. But then it tends to be a roast-fest when a question does get asked it seems.

I've found for any useful procedures trust the forums. For any biased opinions, trust the facebox.

·
One fix at a time
8,192 Posts
I basically use FB groups for these cars out of necessity because there’s way more active users their. I prefer the forums for sure and always search through them via Google whenever I need any good info but 90% of my sales come from FB groups whenever I’m getting rid of stuff or unloading something I fabricated. It is what it is. I keep scrolling past posts there quite a bit since there’s a huge amount of junk but there is some good info here and there. I still post up here frequently as well. Whenever I want to do a write-up or anything more extensive, I’ll always do so here and just link back to wherever because FB sucks for archiving info and researching.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I used to visit the "book of faces", but it became "the book of feces", so I wiped my shoe and left.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Agreed that FB can be difficult to tolerate at times. But there are so many services, parts (used & aftermarket) and innovative ideas that can only be found on FB. Simply rise above the crap.

17,729 Posts
We are trying to post on here more often, but as mentioned as a vendor its extremely hard to neglect Facebook due to the larger numbers.

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I basically use FB groups for these cars out of necessity because there’s way more active users their. I prefer the forums for sure and always search through them via Google whenever I need any good info but 90% of my sales come from FB groups whenever I’m getting rid of stuff or unloading something I fabricated. It is what it is. I keep scrolling past posts there quite a bit since there’s a huge amount of junk but there is some good info here and there. I still post up here frequently as well. Whenever I want to do a write-up or anything more extensive, I’ll always do so here and just link back to wherever because FB sucks for archiving info and researching.
Thats pretty much what I have been seeing. venders or people selling fab parts dont seem to post much, just advertise and answer questions.

I guess I was hoping for a little more because on most every forum I have belonged to there is more of a community, family feeling and people who want to actually help each other where FB seems to bring out the worst in people and its a breading ground for trolls.

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are trying to post on here more often, but as mentioned as a vendor its extremely hard to neglect Facebook due to the larger numbers.
Yeah I get that 100% You have to go where the money is if you want to have a successful business. I should not not really be surprised I guess I was just expecting more because its 3S but again its FB so who knows how many actually own a 3S or are wanting to learn/help in any way. :(

Reactions: Jordengrandcanyon

·
Lovbyts
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, there is a lot of fragile egos and drama on FB, and they will absolutely roast you if you ask a question that can answered if you searched online. But there are many parts posted for sale, many very creative ideas that people post up what they have done, and services that are offered that can only be found on FB. I'm a member of 9 groups, and I find it very easy to bypass the trash, and find the substance, so join up. And if you find a person being bullied, DM them to join this forum.
Yeah you are right. I sort of get sucked into some of the drama sometimes but honestly its more just cheap entertainment and Im having fun. I forget all about it/then by the next day. lol

Good idea and I have done that a few times already for people who seem legit and looking for help.

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,197 Posts
Thats pretty much what I have been seeing. venders or people selling fab parts dont seem to post much, just advertise and answer questions.

I guess I was hoping for a little more because on most every forum I have belonged to there is more of a community, family feeling and people who want to actually help each other where FB seems to bring out the worst in people and its a breading ground for trolls.
I left the groups years ago, but I share a similar sentiment. Anybody and everybody tries to be somebody i.e. keyboard warriors, mechanics, t00ners, clout chasers, etc. Opinions are like a**holes; everyone has one. Too much fronting, childish drama, and basically a distraction.

I used to peruse every so often until many were set to private, if not already. While it remains the worst for being an organized knowledge base (somewhat searchable albeit crappy), you get some updates and noteworthy posts.

In contrast, you have to build your reputation on a forum (RIP "rep system" and trader feedback). It is easier to call someone out on their BS here just as it is to have a technical discussion.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, I can see that. You have to do what's good for your business.

It's somewhat ironic that in my technology development world, a "Book of Feces" presence rapidly became a big negative. So, I only gained by leaving.

17,729 Posts
Yes, I can see that. You have to do what's good for your business.

It's somewhat ironic that in my technology development world, a "Book of Feces" presence rapidly became a big negative. So, I only gained by leaving.
We have been a long time supporter of the forums and are trying to keep it alive as I truly feel it is a much better way to organize information and we have made a ton of friends on here over the decades. We will continue to do what we can.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Our one in NZ - you'll find it on Fb - is awesome. Really knowledgeable members and helpful. We tend to be less ricey (although I personally have no issues with rice) and we tend to be a fairly mature demograph. Except for me.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I deleted my Facebook permanently months ago, but I do miss the FB pages to an extent. Mostly for shit talking/trolling. But there was a small circle of OG 3/S members that made it worth the time and I did try to genuinely help people, especially newbies who GENUINELY needed it....Unfortunately due to the age of 3SI much of the quality information that is related to common questions on FB is difficult to find anymore unless you know exactly what to look for or who it was posted by.

However majority of FB 3S car group members are among the group who.

A: Traded their shit box for one that unfortunately is also a shit box
B: Bought it "cuz it lookd cool" and crave social media attention, and live for E-Status.
C: Couldn't afford a Supra or RX7, so they went with 3000GT because it is the cheapest.

And most of them all of have the same thing in common. They bought a clapped out VR4 or some shitty base, loaded it up with cheap mods and post about how to make 1000hp on a budget, but can't be bothered to even do so much as check the oil, let alone a 60K and blame the car for their poor decisions after it blows up.

It doesn't take long to identify the few in the groups who genuinely love the 3/S platform, and those who just take what they can get, but can't afford what they want, but have a cock, attention seeking attitude..

Which is why I would tend to be such an asshole on Facebook on the 3/S groups 😁

But if you think the 3/S groups are bad...RX8 groups are on a whole new level of cringe.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts