Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Extended Capacity Baffled Racing Oil Pan

18K views 99 replies 24 participants last post by  TurboSinceBirth 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m getting rid of some old stock and finished up a few oil pans built in house. These are IPS style extended capacity baffled oil pans. It holds an extra 1.5 quarts of oil and with the trap doors it helps prevent oil sloshing, starvation, and the pickup screen from picking up air when under heavy acceleration or on a tight turn.

You must have good relatively new motor mounts. Any sagging will cause the pan to not clear the subframe crossmember on the driver’s side. Some users with 3SX poly motor mounts reported issues due to the pins not being located properly on their engine mount design.

3SX sells these now for $599 plus core charge.

If you have an oil pan to send in to be modified, I can do it for $350 plus return shipping. If I have a core in stock, then it’ll be $150 for a 2-bolt pan or $175 for a 4-bolt.

Please check the latest post in this thread for current inventory. I’ll be producing these for awhile.

See less See more
#3 ·
Those always sell the quickest usually within 15-20 minutes. If you have a spare 4-bolt pan you could send me I could build you one. I depleted all of my stock getting rid of what I had and don’t plan to pick anything else up.

#10 ·
OUCH!
How much did you pay for that "wonderful" modification?
Did you dispute it?

Bob. :(

#15 ·
No problem! I need to invest in a powdercoating setup or maybe try spraying the KBS coating instead since it didn’t turn out how I wanted. I topcoated it with VHT.

I’ve already got another 5 extended bottoms fabbed up ready to go for some pans to come in.

#24 ·
Hows the welds for the baffle inside?

#26 ·
Those are fine looking welds to my untrained eyes.

#27 ·
I have another 4-bolt oil pan I’m debating on keeping or going ahead and using it to build one of these pans. I could get started on it later this week. $500 shipped outright no core if you’re interested. It’ll be the same thing as the pan pictured two posts up.

#28 ·
I will be saving this post and shooting in a pm in a few weeks. Prob mid May, after I finish painting my car I will be in need of your services.

#31 ·
I’m getting rid of some old stock and finished up a few oil pans built in house. All I have left is a 91-92 2-bolt modified IPS style extended capacity baffled oil pan. It holds an extra 1.5 quarts. 3SX sells these now for $600 plus core charge. SOLD

If you have an oil pan to send in to be modified, I can do it for $325 plus return shipping.

View attachment 290864
View attachment 290865
View attachment 290866
Do You need a new oil pick longer or stock works fine?

#36 · (Edited)
Hi,

What is the price exactly for a 4 bolts ?

Thank's

Saf
It's in the first post. $350 plus shipping with your core oil pan. I don't have any 4-bolt pans and you may want to buy one in the U.S. to have shipped to me so I can modify. I don't know how much it would be to ship to France but maybe you've got a shipping forwarding company you use.

3SX no longer builds these anymore and Ground Zero Performance ran into all sorts of supplier problems trying to keep up a few years back so it looks like this "IPS style" is no longer available from anyone. IMR has not had good success on their SCE pan either it seems so I'm not sure we have much of an option for these pans. I haven't had anyone send in a pan for about two months but I have about four bottoms with baffling, drain, etc all ready to go to cut down the turnaround time for fabbing these pans.

#37 ·
Thanks for supporting the platform (for YEARS).
I wish we would have the opportunity to meet...a heartfelt handshake would not be enough...

Bob.

#38 ·
No problem Bob! It just stems from a passion for these cars. Something about them I can't quite get away from and I'm amazed how little owners in real life I meet are accomplishing, but I guess I am a little too diehard. I lose interest pretty quickly on my car and don't do much to it even with it running 98% of the time, having plenty of parts for a "build," and the capability also. I enjoy seeing others get potential out of their cars and for me that provides a little more of a challenge whether it's helping them physically wrench, making parts, or helping tune. Perhaps when I get done with a few local cars I'll see about making some new parts.

#41 ·
Not cheap, but I think I found one...

Bob.

#43 ·
Damn.
He claims it came off a 94TT, wouldn't that make it a four bolt engine? (I'm certainly not challenging your knowledge, but HIS!)

I thought I'd try to help...

Bob.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.